SNARE HELP !!!

Joshua Barrett

I need to find a decent snare, which would complement a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Walnut Glaze.

A snare which would sound similar to that of Nathan Followill's of Kings Of Leon and look good with the colour of my kit.

I need suggestions quick, as i have lots of gigs coming up.

A snare which would cost around £300.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks

For those of us not familiar with Kings of Leon, what do you want in a snare sound in a more descriptive sense? High, mid, low, wide range? Warm, dry, bright, full of tones, controlled? Do you have a preference for wood or metal? Pop, crack, slap or somewhere in between?

Im pretty sure Nathan uses a brady snare and those are prices as hell, but i would look into a pearl sensitone, or a pork pie brass, good luck.

I need to find a decent snare, which would complement a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Walnut Glaze. A snare which would sound similar to that of Nathan Followill's of Kings Of Leon and look good with the colour of my kit. I need suggestions quick, as i have lots of gigs coming up. A snare which would cost around £300.
Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks

you should check out the snares on www.fortunedrums.com & then ping Dale Flanigan via email, phone: http://www.fortunedrums.com/Contact.htm . i know that Dale has a bunch of snares he is looking to sell in his shop lately. he ships all over the world & the snares are just freakin' amazing...world-class studio / jazz sounds.

Thanks everyone for the help

I'd be looking for a wood snare, with warm sounds, Jazz and Rock sounding.

Brady snares look and sound amazing, but how much do they retail for, like £700 or something?

I've been playing for about 5 years, and am always wanting to learn, I love drums but im sick off buying cheap knock offs and not getting the real thing, like id rather purchase a top quality product rather than buying a cheaper alternative.

What would be my best bet for around £300-400? that will look the classiest and sound deep and warm?

Back