It told you I would do this . . .

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
I've been wanting a new kit for some time and today I walked into the Long Island Drum Center with a fist full on one hundred dollar bills and said, "I want that one."

I bought a Tama Performer Birch Bubinga in the lava light. It was kind of funny because I go in there all the time and say to the owner, "Dennis, I love that kit." But I never have the cash. But I add "one of these days, I am going to come in here with a fistful of one hundred dollar bills and get one"

Today was that day. :)

Without pictures that sure is a nice story. cough em up!!! we wanna see the goods.

in the meantime, what are the specs of the kit?

Maybe he is too bussy playing his new drums to post pictures?

Ah, that's great Ken. I'm happy for you man. Bubinga is definitely is a wonderfully seductive sound, I might have to get a kit someday. What do you normally play? I'd like to hear your impressions of the Bubinga after you've had them for 6 months or so and got to know them better.

I haven't even set the kit up yet. I've been busy; but once I do aI will follow-up with some pictures.

Larry,

I was not really a bubinga fan but I really like the birch/bubinga. I actually really liked the sound of this specific kit. And it is hand-made in Japan. I also have a Mapex M Birch, which I love as well.

Congrats on the new baby!!! I hope to get myself one by the end of the year.

Dennis and the boys over at LIDC are the best, too.

Nice! Can't wait to see photo's!

Edit: oh yeah, tick, tock, tick, tock...

Back