How many records have you made?

Frosticles

Silver Member
A curious question really. Vinyl, CD etc (Official releases only) Who has done what?

At least about 7-10 over the past 25 years. Maybe it's closer to 15-20. I don't know. I may actually try to count them out tomorrow after I've had some rest!

Different bands I've been in have been featured on a handful of compilations as well.

The first album I did was only released on cassette. Every other one had CDs. The latest full-length album I recorded will be the first one that is only getting electronic distribution.

Edit: At last count, I think I've been on 17 full-length albums. Two of those were never released (which are stories within themselves). I could only count two compilations I've ever been on, but I swear it's more. I've probably played on 20-30 demos, one-offs, and random unfinished projects.

Just for amusement, here are all of the different instruments I've recorded personally on various projects:

drums (duh)
acoustic guitar
electric guitar
bass
keyboards/piano
lead vocals
bgv's
hammered dulcimer
mountain dulcimer
bowed psaltery

This is NOT to say that every project I've ever done has been great, but I've had a good time over the past 25 years.

Last edited:
Two released, one unreleased (injunction) albums. Three compilation slots, a few cameos on OPA's (Other People's Albums), several dozen radio commercials, one track on a movie soundtrack.

I was a studio fixer-guitarist for a bit, so I'm probably on a couple dozen OPA's for a bar or three without either me or their guitarist knowing about it.

With my old band Shrine of Scars I did:
1 Full length (Violence is the Answer) that had world wide distro and was reviewed in magazines (remember those?).
One song, "Violence is the Answer" that made it into a movie, an independent release, that was in one of the big film festivals in the US, but for the life of me I don`t remember what the movie was called.
1 EP called The Knife, which was made into a split Ep on vinyl with a band called Schizo, which were fairly known in the US.
I think there are maybe 2 or 3 other Ep`s that various projects put out.
My current band is finishing up our full length, we're just waiting on vox, and mixing.

I've been in the studio with my bands three times and made albums that we sold ourselves. I've recorded a couple of albums with my bands on our own that turned out pretty good also. I've not recorded with a record company signed label or anything like that.

I just recorded my 11'th and will be tracking my 12th in a few weeks (I currently play in 2 bands)

Been featured on some comps as well.

The first few were pretty low budget DIY. My guitar player is a recording engineer which gets us some pretty good gear and skills for basically nothing now. They are all self released though. Some online sales, in some local record stores and sell merch at gigs.

I have been playing in bands writing original material for years though. For most of it I have been in 2 at once also.

It is kind of neat to go back and see how much I have improved.

4. My own solo rock opera project (which was terrible) in 2009, one of my band's first albums in 2010, second album in 2013, and another band's only album in 2014.

Okay math time.

43 released.

I've had two released just this month. Another one drops next week, while I start tracking for a new one. Plus 3 others currently done awaiting releases, and 3 more in the pre-production phase.

By the end of 2018 it will be between 45-51, unless I get booked on more.

One casette. Long time ago. lol

There would have been a bunch these last few years, but I guess I've shared one too many times why not. It's all about time and money, though. Lots of material ready to go.

In terms of officially released (i.e. all available on iTunes/Spotify) its 1 full length album, 2 EPs and 2 stand alone singles. Also appear on one film soundtrack.

Lots of stuff though from years ago but the bands are long gone now and they'll never likely see the light of day again by anyone else.

Edit: Side thought. Guess that's one positive with the digital age, once it's online it's there forever for people to purchase/discover regardless of the active state of the band.

Gone are the days where a large part of work is contained in cd's that sit in boxes/storage for years once a band has folded. Kinda cool to think.

Now, if only there was a way to shift old band t-shirts digitally......

Last edited:
One, so far. I was very unsatisfied with my performance, and given how we recorded it on the cheap, I didn't have the opportunity to fix stuff that I wasn't happy with.

We're hoping to do another one this year, and hopefully I'll be more content with what I do.

Best answer my own question............

Metal Messiah - Honour Among Thieves (Vinyl & CD)
The Varukers - Nothing's Changed EP (Vinyl)
The Varukers - Humanity EP (Vinyl)
The Varukers - Still Bollox But Still Here (Vinyl, Cassette & CD)
The Varukers - Murder (Vinyl, Cassette & CD)
The Varukers - How Do You Sleep??? (Vinyl, CD)
The Varukers - Damned & Defiant (Vinyl, CD)
Cerebral Fix - Bastards (Vinyl, Cassette, CD)
Cerebral Fix - Death Erotica (Vinyl, CD)
Anti-System - At What Price Is Freedom? (Vinyl, CD)
Back Street Abortions - Eponymous (Vinyl, CD)
Nervous Tension - Under Siege EP (Vinyl)
Nervous Tension - Patriotic Shit EP (Vinyl)
Nervous Tension - Full Length Album (CD)

A lot of tracks on various compilation albums.

More to come :)

14 studio albums and a handful of singles with Al
7 studio albums with Rip Masters
5 studio and live albums with Idle hands
3 studio albums with California Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra (incl Pat Boone!)
2 studio albums with Ray Campi
1 studio album each with: Jim Silvers, Linda Kawai, Apologetix, and X-Checker

Plus a few dozen tracks for various artists such as Marc Bristol, Raymond and Scum, Chance Langton, Jay Scott, Kapo Ku, Jim "Kimo" West, Karling Abbeygate.

Not counting best-ofs or other compilations.

Not really a ton of stuff, I've been more prolific playing live, with well over 3,200 gigs/performances... so far. :)

Bermuda

Two cassettes, two CDs and an EP release coming soon. Not a lot, but I was a late bloomer.

Plus a few dozen tracks for various artists such as Marc Bristol, Raymond and Scum, Chance Langton, Jay Scott, Kapo Ku, Jim "Kimo" West, Karling Abbeygate.

Not really a ton of stuff, I've been more prolific playing live, with well over 3,200 gigs/performances... so far. :)

Bermuda

Daaaamn.... can I get a lesson?

For me here in sleepy Nottingham, about ten records or so, commercial and non-commercial. I was, however, the one to record the hundreds of samples for Mike Dolbear's Rhythm and Fills app, which is.... nothing really.

Bermuda

LOL at "Not a ton of stuff"

You are quite humble. Those are not little DIY albums recorded in a basement and have real sales attached to em., plus those 3200 gigs are not little local bar gigs haha.

One album, five EPs and then one album where I played a handful of the drum tracks.

This is the album I recorded in high school, which was over ten years ago now. https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/hailstone The band got together in junior high and this album was the culmination of four of five years of learning and growing together. We were all between 16 and 18 at the time of recording. My dad recorded and mixed it at a home studio he set up for us. The band fell apart because we were teenagers who got mad at each other and grew apart, but I'll always be really, really proud of the music we made and that I got to make the album with my dad.

Back