Timbale Question

Nealio1987

Hi All

Ive just recently bought a set of lp timbales , ive been asked if i can add to a recording ... the conga player is playing a basic tumbao pattern and there will be numerous percussion added later on guiro etc , what would your approach to this be .. the spped is crotchet 130 , basic right hand cascara with left hand improv ??

bit of a strange one i know ...

Nealios

If conga is playing a basic tumbao it all depend on rhythm you are playing ,and timing you may have to play cascara or bell pattern of even double Cascara . The left hand is very important all depends on what you are playing, Were in North east are you located?

Last edited:
im from newcastle leedy ....thanks for the replies !! ...i've finished the recording now ......conga player was a no show so i played congas and left the timbales out till I get a better understanding of them....

im from newcastle leedy ....thanks for the replies !! ...i've finished the recording now ......conga player was a no show so i played congas and left the timbales out till I get a better understanding of them....

That was a good choose better safe than sorry. Once understand you may be able to add.

Back