Electronic drum recording help

baseball3

Hi i am a complete beginner when it comes to recording and i was just wondering what equipment i need to record electric drums and electric guitar...Thanks in advance.

That is a very vague question.

Anything from $20 tape recorder to a $100,000 Recording studio set up with both accomplish what you have asked. But somehow, I don't think that's what you meant.

I'm sorry what i meant was i need something better then a tape recorder but nothing to professional.Next time i post i'll be more specific.

I'm sorry what i meant was i need something better then a tape recorder but nothing to professional.Next time i post i'll be more specific.

What's wrong with a tape recorder? If I'm not sending feeds down ISDN lines, my drums always get mastered to R to R, edited and then dubbed to CD or sent via computer. I could send it directly to hard drive or CD, but the reel to reels are much more forgiving, saturation wise and much fatter sounding than direct to digital when tracking.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Dennis

i record my electronic drums by connecting the line out ports (left and right) of the module to the stereo line in port of my computer. i have to use some connector converters, but it works. i use the free audio editing program named audacity to do the actual recording, but i think you could use the sound recorder program that comes with windows to do the same thing. everything is free except the cables and the connectors and the computer, of course.

Back