Post your haul load Tetris pictures

Andy

Honorary Member
Something light hearted for a change :)

Here's my ride fully loaded to the max for a stripped down gig (full on gigs - I tow a box trailer). Audi A6 estate (station wagon)

6 piece kit + rack + hardware + cymbals, all in rigid cases. Drum rug. 3K of PA tops + stands + monitors + flight cased desk + video gear + recording gear + associated cables + lighting + wife (not hard cased).

Attachments

• Car load.jpg
    Car load.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 342
As a travelling dad coming back from a two-week roadtrip, I admire your remarkable work.

That looks like my trunk the evening before leaving while everything is optimally packed and stacked, before the early morning departure time when everyone asks for their video games, teddybear or handbag in the far-bottom cases, and the additional paddles and bodyboards suddenly need to be added.

I am jealous.

Something light hearted for a change :)

Here's my ride fully loaded to the max for a stripped down gig (full on gigs - I tow a box trailer). Audi A6 estate (station wagon)

6 piece kit + rack + hardware + cymbals, all in rigid cases. Drum rug. 3K of PA tops + stands + monitors + flight cased desk + video gear + recording gear + associated cables + lighting + wife (not hard cased).

So do you have a diagram of how each piece goes in to make it quicker to load?

Wish I had taken pictures, I used to fit 2 kicks, 4 rack toms, 1 floor tom, snare, rack, all other hardware, cymbals, and a 6x9 carpet into a 2002 Civic hatchback. There was barely any room for me, but dammit I could get the whole kit in there.

My Midtown kit load out would be a joke. It might all fit in my wife's purse.

So do you have a diagram of how each piece goes in to make it quicker to load?
Well, a diagram would be typical behaviour for me, but I've done this so many times (even though stripped down gigs represent say 1 in 10 gigs), it's almost a muscle memory thing. This is also my 3rd A6 in a row, so very used to what's possible.

What wood type is the kit? Do you always got the same wood type?
Walnut - other wood species are far more difficult to load ;)

My Midtown kit load out would be a joke. It might all fit in my wife's purse.
My wife's purse is easily double the capacity of my ride, & the primary reason for me owning a 2 ton box trailer ;)

That looks like my trunk the evening before leaving while everything is optimally packed and stacked, before the early morning departure time when everyone asks for their video games, teddybear or handbag in the far-bottom cases, and the additional paddles and bodyboards suddenly need to be added.
I feel your pain - way more challenging than gig Tetris :)

Nice fit,..... but I don't see any beer for apres-gig.
You have a point - must fix that.

+ wife (not hard cased).

Aside from divorce papers, what is your recommended silencing system? I've tried good faith and money. Candles?
JK obviously. I may need to take the better half on a channel cruise.

Hmmm - inconsistent dynamic - always an unfathomable element - can change frequently within the same journey - variable cost level - prone to multiple triggering ;)

Vacation it is then. I'll report to home base as needed. .-.

I miss gig tetris, I had a Mega Drive as a kid so I was always more of a columns guy anyway ;)

I bought an ex-police car last year which is an estate aka The Blues-Mobile and then in my infinite wisdom got the midtown, and got lightweight hardware as well. Feel like I cheated myself, loading in/out is too easy.

The best I ever saw was a bassist in a pub rock band I was in years back that a Reliant Robin (he only had a bike license), this thing was like the tardis, he got the PA plus his bass cab and bass in it. He's still got it and goes all over the country in it. We used to do loads of bike rallies and he won prizes for rocking up in this thing. I sat in it once and sh*t myself couldn't have driven it!

For anyone who's not from the UK, a Reliant Robin is a 3 wheeled death trap that you can drive on a car or bike license, the top speed depends on how strong the wind is, how good the sail rigging is and how fit the hamster in the wheel under the bonnet is.

5 piece drum set AND PA system.

Toyota Matrix.

The next week, I was able to get everything in there plus monitors and subs (I'm not lying). Needless to say it was absolutely bulging.

35235749_10217022232128565_5686746865538695168_n.jpg

35283665_10217022541176291_4184880536809897984_n.jpg

No pictures, but I used to regularly pack a 5 piece kit, monitor wedge, rug and a trolley in my Morris Minor. People were always amazed when they saw how much gear came out of one small car.

Coming back from camp last year. Four drummers with an array of bangables plus luggage .....

Attachments

• NewImage_1000_563_90 (2).jpg
    NewImage_1000_563_90 (2).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 176
Back in the old days i was a master at the odd shaped, soft cased jazz tour tetris-in-a-station-wagon. Drumset, up right bass, 3 dudes and their bags. Had an instinct for it and for still allowing to be able to see out the rear view mirror.

Now with hard rectangular cases and a crapload of cabinets and amp heads on rock tours/shows, ive got absolutely zero mojo. Luckily our guitarist has a good eye for that...

As a travelling dad coming back from a two-week roadtrip, I admire your remarkable work.

That looks like my trunk the evening before leaving while everything is optimally packed and stacked, before the early morning departure time when everyone asks for their video games, teddybear or handbag in the far-bottom cases, and the additional paddles and bodybags suddenly need to be added.

I am jealous.

I gotta quit speed reading everything!

Back