christmas presents

jakester

i got a new roc n soc throne,some drum hardware,sticks, stick control and some t-shirts. What did you get.This thread is for stuff other than cymbals and drums, cause i know about those threads already.
Merry Christmas

MD Fest 2008 box set, 2010, 2011; Taking Center Stage DVD; a Rush Transcription DVD; Van Halen Space logo shirt; 30 pack Tourna Grip; Methods and Mechanics 2; 2 Snare technique videos; Guitar Center Card

Miscelleaneous: Coral Snake by Henrys Yo-Yo, Arctic Cat snowmobiling gear

I got a subscription to Modern Drummer. I haven't read that rag in ages.

Matt Chamberlain is on the cover of my first issue. Man, that guy is cool. I love how he describes his session career and how, while always playing for the song, never shies away from adding something to the mix. He says he can, and sometimes does, just show up and only "do the drummer thing" when that's what he's asked to do, but more often he's contributing artistically in some way.

Awesome read.

i forgot to mention i got a new sonar hi-hat stand

Scorch will like this one. I got a new leather jacket for my motorcycle riding. :)

IMG_3221.jpg

I got a new Zildjian gigbag and I'm hoping to gather enough money from the relatives to buy new heads.

Also drum literature!!! In January (In Puerto Rico we celebrate the three wisemen day, and we get gifts again) I'm getting:

The Drummer's Complete Vocabulary
Chart Reading Workbook for Drummers
Beyond Bop Drumming
The Jazz Drummer's Workshop

Yeah, yeah, I'm getting them because I need them for college but still, super excited about them!

I didnt get any drum related stuff this year, which im more than cool with.

I got a rake of new books and CD's, and my partner got me a new custom snooker cue. Couldnt be happier.

Merry Christmas

Scorch will like this one. I got a new leather jacket for my motorcycle riding. :)

IMG_3221.jpg

Mapex not making bikes yet then, G? Sorry. Too easy! I found a beautiful bike jacket in a shop a few years back. 1950's, armoured forearms. Perfect fit. Didn't buy it and have greatly regretted it ever since.

I have some money that's been given to me and I'm considering a pair of decent monitoring headphones. I've PM'd Dennis for his opinion already and have a fairly good idea of what I'm getting.

Lee-Cox. That's a very decent kit. You could probably talk them down to $450 for it. That would be an excellent start.

Just got the basic socks, a couple of tee shirts, a few pairs of Vater Stewart Copeland sticks and about a $130 in cash and checks. Nothing mind bending.

Well.... I got myself a noise-induced hearing loss, with the accompanying Meniere syndrome. That`s keeping me in hospital since 22 Dec, and the treatment lasts `till 31 Dec. In the meanwhile, no noise or music is allowed, and obviously no drumming.
Thanks a lot, Santa!

Mapex not making bikes yet then, G? Sorry. Too easy! I found a beautiful bike jacket in a shop a few years back. 1950's, armoured forearms. Perfect fit. Didn't buy it and have greatly regretted it ever since.
I have never had a full leather bike jacket, and this was on for half price, and I even talked him out of taxes. I love to deal. :)

Well.... I got myself a noise-induced hearing loss, with the accompanying Meniere syndrome. That`s keeping me in hospital since 22 Dec, and the treatment lasts `till 31 Dec. In the meanwhile, no noise or music is allowed, and obviously no drumming.
Thanks a lot, Santa!
Well take care of those ears buddy. Hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will all work out and you will be drumming in no time.

I've got two new polar "sports" jackets, so if a give a visit to Sticks in sub-freezing Canada, I should be OK I guess, and the latest Chickenfoot CD deluxe edition (with a DVD) from my daughter, I'm listening to it right now as I'm typing this, and I can tell you that Chad Smith is grooving like hell on fire... ;-))

No we don't use sled dogs for transportation, and we don't live in igloo's. :) Is a balmy 33'F or 1'C, with no snow. :)My kids aren't very happy. They want to snowboard.

Back