Retiring my Pearl. RIP. 2006-2008, 2012-2014

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I'm so sorry babe, but it's come time where I have to say...Farewell to you my precious Blue Pearl. Yonder wind harkens and I'm feeling the need to stretch my wings. I'm hearing a new sound lately and I have to pursue it. It pains me to say that your shells are too thick for me, and you're sounding a little tubby.....And it displeases me somewhat lol. So this is where we must say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. You can still stay in the studio until you find a new home, or whatever OK? We had one hell of a run though, didn't we? Yea. Mmmm.

So anyway, you know that cute little set of white onyx fusion sized PDP CX's I got for like nothing for a practice set with the 6 piece? Yea well that band kind of decided it had run it's course sooo.....I have an extra set now.... one with a lot thinner shells....you understand.... right?. It's floor tom is nothing like yours though. Nobody has a floor tom like you, Lord almighty (lie)....

Anyway, I have a...thing... I need to do... so I'll be seeing you, OK? Just keep the heads and the cowbell holder.....

Sounds to me like you are dumping her because she is fat! That's not very nice Uncle Larry. And to dump her over the internet, shame on you!

Ya' know what's really sad?

If you were a guitar player or a violin player or something like that you would keep your old instrument.
You might put it in a case on the wall. You might save it for your grandchildren.

But drummers can't keep their old drum sets because they take up so much room.
Well, maybe they can keep one old drum set, but you know what I mean.

Sad......

Thinking about donating them. There's a local music recording/teaching studio nearby, maybe I'll go ask the owners if they know a deserving student who should get them.

I've always said that English girl have more sex appeal than Japanese girl... even better than thin American girl :)

Thinking about donating them. There's a local music recording/teaching studio nearby, maybe I'll go ask the owners if they know a deserving student who should get them.

That is a very noble way to be rid of your "fat girl", and if you do the drum gods will shine on you. Oh wait, you have a Guru, they already have.

I've always said that English girl have more sex appeal than Japanese girl... even better than thin American girl :)

You have Pippa Middleton, enough said.

I bought a kit for my son a few yrs ago

His interest soon faded

I donated the kit to his primary school

The kids were soooo excited

Then they got a new music teacher

Tyrannosaurs Rex I think was her name

But still, it is a great buzz donating stuff, makes you feel warm and fuzzy

Superb idea Larry :) That way, there's progression, rather than an ending.

I see what you did there Henri ;)

You have Pippa Middleton, enough said.
I see your point, but alas, I'm about as appealing as Larry's old Pearls. Wouldn't say no to a quick shuffle though ;) ;) ;)

Larry, I thank you! Mr Madge is always urging me to downsize my collection of kits.

I'll tell him that all he needs to do is buy me a Guru, and I won't need any of the others :)

It's a lovely idea to donate your old drums. You're very kind.

I bought a kit for my son a few yrs ago

His interest soon faded

I donated the kit to his primary school

The kids were soooo excited

Then they got a new music teacher

Tyrannosaurs Rex I think was her name

But still, it is a great buzz donating stuff, makes you feel warm and fuzzy

I donated a kit to the school I went to, wasn't much (Pearl Maxwin/Camber Cymbals/NuVader Ride) but the younger kids loved it. Always makes me feel better to give than receive!!

Here's an idea, Larry.

You're a really superb player and you convey ideas really, really well. Perhaps you could get linked in with a local school, donate the kit and go over a few musical ideas with the kids? I know there are a lot of legal issues potentially there but you have real experience of what it's like playing music out in the 'real world' and playing it at a very high standard. If that's not worthy of respect, then little else is.

Here's an idea, Larry.

You're a really superb player and you convey ideas really, really well. Perhaps you could get linked in with a local school, donate the kit and go over a few musical ideas with the kids? I know there are a lot of legal issues potentially there but you have real experience of what it's like playing music out in the 'real world' and playing it at a very high standard. If that's not worthy of respect, then little else is.

Hey bacterium

It is actually difficult to attempt

I have a working with children certificate for my work

The school was not interested in having someone come and do a few classes with the kiddies.

That someone was me BTW

I think there is a LOT of legalities the school needs to consider

My Niece just had a baby and I could always save it for the little guy.

Attachments

• 1604527_10151896649261524_683975236_n.jpg
    1604527_10151896649261524_683975236_n.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 166
Hey bacterium

The school was not interested in having someone come and do a few classes with the kiddies.

That someone was me BTW

I understand the reasons/safeguards/rationale, etc, but isn't that such a shame :(

Hey bacterium

That someone was me BTW

I trained to be a teacher, so I know there are a lot of issues surrounding this. I just think it's an angle worth approaching because I believe Larry has a lot to give.

Well you can see her top half in my avatar. She is gig hardened and experienced, with a few scratches here and there, but she tunes up just fine and doesn't seem to mind going caseless. She can be a bit of a ho now and then, she's done her share of open mics, but it's better to be that way than a kit who must be wiped clean with every drop of sweat. The high maintenance gals are not my speed. Give me a kit who is ready to get down at the drop of a hat, and actually likes getting dirty.

Back