Another Cat Kit

Kothlow

I have been lurking around here for long enough, I figured I would post a couple pictures of my kit. I know its another Catalina club mod kit, but what the hey. It suits me well, I love it.

Drums are standard club mod sizes,
22x20
12x8
16x14

Snare is a Yamaha Tour Custom Maple, 14x5.5

Cymbals
Sabian XS20 14" Med Hats
XS20 16" Med/Thin Crash
XS20 20" Med Ride
Zildjian Avedis 16" Chine Low Boy

Gibraltar boom stands, Gibraltar strap drive pedal, and Tama hi hat stand.

Evans G1 Coated Batters
Evans G1 Clear Reso's

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 488
  • right side back.jpg
    right side back.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 467
  • snare size back.jpg
    snare size back.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 454
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 455
Welcome to the ever growing Gretsch Family. I like that red and black. Good job and have fun playing.

JOhnny

nice kit man i wanna hear how it sounds...the "cleanliness" of the kit makes it look so professional.. the cat kits sound really good for their prices!

Welcome to the ever growing Gretsch Family. I like that red and black. Good job and have fun playing.

I've been a memeber of the Gretsch family for 7 years, but thanks very much :)

Thanks for the other great comments!

that kick drum is STUFFED! it must sound pretty dead

Cat Kit! Haha that's just a classic.

I've always been a fan of the club mods, i'd have one over an 805 kit any day, definetly a lot better looking (sorry 805drummer). i don't think the kick drum is too bad, but i don't think you should need quite that much damping if you perhaps tuned it lower down.

I suppose I really dont need that much, but its in a small room, waay too boomy otherwise. Its an emad with the small felt ring, and a single pillow inside. When I take it out to an open mic or anything, the pillow comes out.

Thanks for the input!

eddiehimself Re: Another Cat Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cat Kit! Haha that's just a classic.

I've always been a fan of the club mods, i'd have one over an 805 kit any day, definetly a lot better looking (sorry 805drummer). i don't think the kick drum is too bad, but i don't think you should need quite that much damping if you perhaps tuned it lower down.

I took a few minutes to mess around with the bass drum today, took the pillow out and put the larger felt in the Emad, tuned it down a bit and it sounds awesome. Took some tinkering, but I think I got it.

Thanks for the advice dude.

Back