Show Off Your DW Kit

white marine pearl 24x16, 16x16, 13x9, 14x6 edge snare, 20" Manhattan 16" HH thin crash, 17" HHXtreme, 14" HH dark hats.

That's a cool kit!

The other kits (in the thread) shown have been sweet too, but this one really caught my eye....even though I play Ludwig...:p
Your other kits are cool as well btw....

Your drum room looks like mine haha!
Shelves of drums, gear, pedals, heads, sticks......Ah, paradise!

...Thank you, and I have to commend you on your taste.

These are "my" drums, the other kits are kind of like foster children. I have them now, but they will one day find a new home were they will be loved and taken care of in a way that I am not able to.

Regarding my drum room, I call it the shrine, my wife calls it the Man room.... I think I like the term Paradise.

Barry

...Thank you, and I have to commend you on your taste.

These are "my" drums, the other kits are kind of like foster children. I have them now, but they will one day find a new home were they will be loved and taken care of in a way that I am not able to.

Regarding my drum room, I call it the shrine, my wife calls it the Man room.... I think I like the term Paradise.

Barry

Heh, heh....all you need is a couple of Hooters' girls and you're set!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw

Here's my short stack kit. I just orderd another DW kit last week in gold glass...will keep y'all posted on that. JW

l_292cc73d91973a7078c43236735b9407.jpg

202847323_l.jpg

203030741_l.jpg

l_6f42a2d5214b2b902d4e8aec3dbd49f7.jpg

VLT Maple Collectors Series - Tequila Sunrise Specialty Lacquer

Attachments

• DW kit_sml.jpg
    DW kit_sml.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 21,478
Its like drum heaven,

How do you like the sound of the short stacks?

The short stacks sound huge for their size. I would put them up to deeper drums any day. Check out the sounds on my bands website, see links in signature. The 20x20" kick does get a little thin sounding in the wrong playing situation/rooms but I have it loaded with the AKG D112 and running into a 15" macki sub so that solves that.

studio001.jpg

jw5.jpg

jw7.jpg

jw4.jpg

The short stacks sound huge for their size. I would put them up to deeper drums any day. Check out the sounds on my bands website, see links in signature. The 20x20" kick does get a little thin sounding in the wrong playing situation/rooms but I have it loaded with the AKG D112 and running into a 15" macki sub so that solves that.
Beautiful kit jwdrums, i have just purchased my first shortstack and i love the sound, its sings forever!

I also use a akg D112, but with maymikingsystem, very handy.

Maybe someone will post some pics of the DW booth?

I moved to Texas so I don't get to go to the winter NAMM any more.

The Summer NAMM here is OK but it is not even close to Anaheim :-(

more DW at NAMM 2008...

aluminum lugs & hoops?
Jazz Series made from USA & "foreign" components?
new lug design?

Attachments

• DW3.JPG
    DW3.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 19,819
  • DW jazz badge.jpg
    DW jazz badge.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 19,675
  • newDWlugs.jpg
    newDWlugs.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 19,711
The new lugs are kind of cool. Look a lot to me like Gretsch's new classic lugs. I am one of many who dislike their original lug design so this peaks my interest. Check out that mega glitter finish that Macmarkus posted too.

EDIT: Gutenberg: I just saw your post. DW puts their "DW logo" stock heads on the PDP kits, too, so that is definitely a Pacific kit. Maybe a new series?

studio001.jpg

jw5.jpg

jw7.jpg

jw4.jpg

whats that kit called??

The new lugs are kind of cool. Look a lot to me like Gretsch's new classic lugs. I am one of many who dislike their original lug design so this peaks my interest. Check out that mega glitter finish that Macmarkus posted too.

EDIT: Gutenberg: I just saw your post. DW puts their "DW logo" stock heads on the PDP kits, too, so that is definitely a Pacific kit. Maybe a new series?

i think they are. a lot of there new stuff seems to be leaning towards the custom end of things. they're putting out a boat load of new 805 finishes. i got my eye on the black with neon green hardware. it looks like a really classy set. like above lxe. i can't wait.

maybe dogbreath or bernhard could get us some pics from our friends at pdp? thanks.

Back