Hernia Surgery

I will be 62 soon and had outpatient double hernia surgery about a year ago. I was very fortunate that mine went well. I stopped in at work the next day for a few hours and was on the kit playing slower tempo songs the second day. Don't lift or pull too much the first week or two: good luck with your recovery!

Just back from my 2 week check up and the surgeon says everything is right on schedule. Get to go back in 2 weeks for a final look see. As soon as I can sit on the throne, the drumming will resume.

Just back from my 2 week check up and the surgeon says everything is right on schedule. Get to go back in 2 weeks for a final look see. As soon as I can sit on the throne, the drumming will resume.
How's the discomfort level been? Scale of 1-10.

After any surgery, a visit to the porcelain throne can also be exciting, and for days, fruitless.

After any surgery, a visit to the porcelain throne can also be exciting, and for days, fruitless.

Boy, don't I know it. Radical perineal prostatectomy in 1996 at age 47. When I found out the side effects of the opiate pain meds, I switched to aspirin!!

Wanna compare scars? On second thought, lets not. :)

Glad you're bumping around the house, healing well and chomping at the bit to get back to the drums.

Back