Vinnie Paul

Joss

Vinnie Paul of Pantera, kickass drummer.
Discuss.

If there is already another Vinnie Paul thread then sorry and feel free to move or delete this.

I love Pantera and I love Vinnie. He's a really cool guy and his drumming in Pantera did them a lot of justice. He has such a rough sound to his drums and it works well for the overall musical flow of Pantera. Outside of that he's still a great drummer, a drummer that just happens to remind me of a giant teddy bear.

I just recently got into Pantera.

I love the drum sound and the guitar sound. Phil's voice is outstanding.

My blood pressure rises when I listen to the CD Vulgar Display of Power.

Vinnie is actually a very tight drummer. Very technical, yet at the same time, has great grooves.

Mike

Smoky_McPot said:
I cover alot of Pantera...I will be a happy man once I can play Becoming 100% correct lol!

I also cover lots of pantera songs with my band, they are lots of fun to play

I love Vinnie he is one of my inspirations to continue drumming and in my opinion on of the greatest metal drummers. Nice grooves, nice technique and his playing style fits perfectly to what Pantera/Damageplan was

P.S: RIP Dimebag Darrell

I'm also having trouble playing Becoming, i'm nt sure if I have it right. Is it
R RLRLRLRLRL with diddles every other right hit?

Vinnie's great!
I think he's one of the most tastefull and groovy metal drummers out there.
I'm a single bass player myself and proud of it, but whenever I put on A Vugar Display Of Power or Coboys From Hell Vinnies playing just makes me wanna put together my double pedal and play (that takes someting because normally I hate the thing).

of course vinnie paul, absolutely amazing drummer. i much prefer his stuff with pantera rather than damage plan, just seemed to be more unique and stand out more for some reason. damage plan only having one album makes a bit difficult to pass judgement, but on cowboys from hell for example, the drumming is so much better than any DP.

He's one of the few metal drummers that has a sound of his own, I've never heard anyone play like him. He's one of the best double bass players out there. I'm mainly a jazz and classical guy but Pantera is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I love Vinnie's drumming. That HH Powerbell Ride is awesome, too.

- Marc

Yeah vinnie paul's drumming is really good. He has a unique sound, in that he could play a groove then you get someone like chris adler or joey jordison to play the same groove, but vinnie would make it his own and you would know it was vinnie paul, and not just because of his drums ( if you know what i mean, i'm not very good at wording stuff lol).

metalheadeza666 said:
Yeah vinnie paul's drumming is really good. He has a unique sound, in that he could play a groove then you get someone like chris adler or joey jordison to play the same groove, but vinnie would make it his own and you would know it was vinnie paul, and not just because of his drums ( if you know what i mean, i'm not very good at wording stuff lol).
I know EXACTLY what you mean, Its the way he sounds and how much power he puts into his drumming. HEs awesome.

Vic_Rattledeth said:
I'm also having trouble playing Becoming, i'm nt sure if I have it right. Is it
R RLRLRLRLRL with diddles every other right hit?

Hey, I guess Vinny playes 5 stroke rolls with the feet: R RRLLR L RRLLR L RRLLR

I agree with everyone on this page he is definately one of the best in history just how he makes everything his own and puts vinnie on it, my favorite song is Revolution Is My Name, i think that that is one of the most perfect songs every drummed on in the history of drumming, all the fills are perfect and the groove after the chorus couldn't have been more perfect. (I think Mike Portnoy took that groove and made it simplier and put it on his song Home)

Yeah i agree vinnie has some sweet grooves pantera are a band who saved metal in away
they have really good songs and yeah vinnie has a sweet sounding kit

I think the passing of there guitarer dimbag darrell (who was one of the best metal guitarist)
was pritty much S**T any way just remember him guys

How is it there are hundreds of posts in the Joey thread and only 18 in Vinnie Pauls. Vinnie has in part made me the drummer I am today. Hopefully some of you got to see pantera! I did 4 times and I still remember the day I heard Pantera for the first time and was Like OHHHH MY GODDDDD!!!

Back