PDP kit im playing actually :)

Great looking PDP.

I've had mine for almost seven years and I've never regretted once buying it.

Is your a CX, MX or FS?

hey, there are couple of setups there and also a couple of cymbals that are not mine

my main setup is 13 hh meinl classics, 16 kcustom crash, 18 aax dark crash, 14 oriental china, 10 hhx evolution splash, 20 zildjian amir ride

the second setup i use to play - K-constantinople 14, 16, 18 and 22

and on the pictures is one 20"gospel soultone ride and 13"custom HH also soultone...

so thats it :D

I've got the exact same one...and almost the same set up. The M5 really rocks ans sounds really good. How does the kick sounds with the Kick port? Here's some pics of my kit. I took off two splashes and 1 crash to put them on my other kit and i'm waiting for my 16" floor...

Attachments

• IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 2,067
  • IMG_3504-1.jpg
    IMG_3504-1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,751
  • IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 2,105
  • IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,752
@stitch - great looking kit :) btw if you change also the bottom heads, your sound will go 2levels up...really

It's an old picture i took when i got my kit one year ago. Back then i didn't feel the need to invest money in it 'cause it was my "home kit". So i used my old Gibraltar hardware and pedals. But since then i kept the old hardware but i changed the resonant heads. And the kit sounded better. A really good kit for the price. :)

I've got the exact same one...and almost the same set up. The M5 really rocks ans sounds really good. How does the kick sounds with the Kick port? Here's some pics of my kit. I took off two splashes and 1 crash to put them on my other kit and i'm waiting for my 16" floor...

WOW!!! nice kit and those PAISTE 2000 REFLECTORS!!! one of the best vintage paiste cymbals, beside PAISTE 3000.. and what hats are yours???

WOW!!! nice kit and those PAISTE 2000 REFLECTORS!!! one of the best vintage paiste cymbals, beside PAISTE 3000.. and what hats are yours???

My Hats are old 14" Meinl Profile i bought like 17 years ago and they still sound pretty good and they are still in good shape. As for the 2000 paiste sound reflection they are AWESOME!!!

hey stitch, btw whats your opinion about "getting rid" of Jaro Halak???

Well my friend, i don't know if you heard this, but Montreal WAS IN LOVE with your fellow-citizen. There was almost a riot over here when they traded him (and i'm barely joking :O :O). But honestly they had to make a choice between Price and Jaro. I was one of those who thought that they had made a bad move....But Price proved us wrong and he had a great season :).

I don't know if you have seen this. But last year (as you know), Jaro was ON FIRE. He was stopping everything. And people made this "stop sign" and everybody was wearing it. I'm a high school teacher and that was my board last year :). We are gonna miss him!! :(

Attachments

• Photo 31.jpg
    Photo 31.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 930
Nodiggie, nice playing man. Did you record the alarm sound with voices on sound the alarm track?

Wow, I love that finish. I just bought a PDP X7 kit and I'm blow away by how good they sound. I've owned a lot of kits in my 36 years of playing and these PDP maple kit's sound as good as any of them.

Hey there mate. I have the same kit. slightly different finish and yes they sound great. I originally played sleishman drums but money prevented me to buy a new sleishman kit. So i came accross pdp and bought the x7. I was amazed with the sound. The only problem i found was that the mounting rims on the toms where slightly bend out of shape and where pressing against the tuning lugs. i corrected this by rebending the mounting rims. I also switched to using the remo ambassador black suede skins on the toms. man that made a difference in sound. depth, definition and warmth. great combo. only the snare i wasnt too happy with and replaced it with a sleishman 14x6" rosewood block snare. great for studio work.
I use the original 14x5" maple snare as a side snare now.
Cheers mate and keep on grooving.

Back