Does anyone play video games?

I really don't play that many current gen games, but I've got a pretty decent NES collection. Nothing like throwing in Super Contra with a friend and yelling manly sounding taunts at the screen.

Blaster Master is a god among games.

I said approximately on the res, I couldn't remember the exact numbers, just that that was what it rounded up to on three screens. And yeah, 6950 sorry, ATI cards can be a bit confusing in the order they go in sometimes. The processor is a Phenom II X6 1100T of some description I think, AMD make a ton of different processors with only subtle variations and I'm not an expert on computers.

Have you seen the screens for Battlefield 3 yet? World exclusive previews in the February issue of Game Informer.

lol!!

Ummm... 7-series cards aren't even out yet; so it's likely that you mean to have a "6" in that model number? And the rez, well, you were kinda close; it'd either be 7680x1440 or 7680x1600.

I play Battlefield Bad Company 2 quite a bit; I have a decent rig set up, as I'm editor in chief of one of the oldest PC gaming hardware websites/communities... I've gotten the chance to review quite a bit of product pre-release over the years.

... These sorts of activities are cutting into time I'd rather spend working on album concepts, writing songs, promoting my band etc so there's a good possibility I may retire from gaming for good.

Rig specs:

• Phenom II x6 1055t @ 3.96ghz
  • Kingwin XT-1264 cooler with extra 120mm fan
  • Asus M4N98TD EVO nforce 980a SLI motherboard
  • 2x2gb A-DATA DDR3-1600
  • Present GPU: NVIDIA reference GTX 570; I used to have another one (SLI) but I recently sold it
  • Mushkin 60gb Sandforce SSD
  • 2x250gb WD2500KS RAID 0
  • Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case
  • Antec Earthwatts EA650 PSU
  • DVD drive (I'd like to have a Blu-Ray drive though)
  • Samsung B2430 24" 1080p LCD
  • Sanyo 27" 720p TV (secondary/couch display)
  • Kingwin slim keyboard
  • MS Sidewinder X5 mouse
  • Logitech Revolution/MX5500 (bluetooth couch keyboard/mouse)
  • Win 7 Ultimate
I dig Left 4 Dead 2 as well (and also Lost Planet 2, Meto 2033, Gears of War PC, Halo 2 PC, Mirror's Edge, HAWX 2 & others), but BC2 has had me under its thumb since the beta.

I like games.

lately its been Black ops, ps3.
I love bioshock 2. Fallout 3. and been playing alot of red dead redemption.

Games are clearly not a kid thing. Splatterhouse isnt for kids.

It is a form of entertainment that takes problem solving, logical thinking, hand eye cordination (which we have more of!ha), and a level of patience.

Give a small child Command and conquer and see if they get bored.

God of war 3 is awesome to.

SUPER C, I used to play that constantly. and "POW" nobody ever really played that though. I still remember the code for the last level.

My previous job was doing tech support, play-testing and compatibility testing for video games, and then porting crappy cell phone games... So yea, I play A LOT of games... Or rather, I DID, until I started playing drums... But of course, one of the things that sparked that interest, was rockband/guitar-hero.

Since I started playing (almost a yr ago) , I think the only serious game I've played (not counting DS games while traveling) was Assassin's Creed II (which was great). I got BioShock 2 after AC2, but it sucked and I stopped after an hour.

fuo, just so you know, bioshock 2 gets amazing.

If its not your thing, cool, I am just saying if you like Bioshock, i think its better than the first.

Sorry for multiple postings,

BLASTER MASTER! What about
Festers quest?

Kung Fu?

Bad dudes?

Final Fight?

Altered Beast?

Neo geo or turbo graffix 16...

Paistemage: We've got some talkin' to do. I was TOTALLY into POW, Kung Fu, and Fester's Quest. I was a huge NES nerd in 4th-6th grade. I got the Super NES, and eventually a 64. Then, life took over, and I've just recently gotten a Wii to play with my 5 year old son. Right now, we're enjoying Super Mario Galaxy 2. That's a pretty sweet game. When he goes to bed, I sometimes throw in Call of Duty...

fuo, just so you know, bioshock 2 gets amazing.

If its not your thing, cool, I am just saying if you like Bioshock, i think its better than the first.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably get bored one day and pop it back in. I loved the 1st one, but couldn't get into the 2nd (altho I didn't give it too much of a chance).

My all time favorites would probably be:

Zelda - Link to the Past
Mortal Kombat 2
Doom (1&2)
Baldur's Gate (1&2)
Dark Age of Camelot

My wife actually bought me a MK3 arcade machine last year for my birthday and I got a MK2 PCB for it off eBay, but I've been too lazy to install it... I really need to get around to that.

I think I might be the first person to say Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive/Genesis...

...and the Command & Conquer series. Both of which I loved for the music as much as for anything else. Oh, and the Half-Life series, Homeworld series, Mechwarrior games, Silent Hunter III...lots.

Altered Beast?

Now that was a silly game "Rise from your grave!"

I remember playing that with a friend, very little skill involved in that game, there was an abusive way to beat every boss and you did it every time, remember doing electro shock as the teradactyl.

I have a lot of favourite games, kind of hard to pick across all generations because they are so different,

All time I loved Masters of Orion 2, Baldurs Gate, the Final Fantasy games, Quake 3, MK2 (I'm a big fighting game fan, been playing a lot of blazblue lately)

Of this generation probably Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age (or as I like to call it, the real neverwinter nights 2), Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain. Oh and Super Street Fighter 4 of course, but that goes without saying.

Might I say the new MK is the first time I've been looking forward to a MK game since the original ps2 one came out (that was a pretty fail game, lots of unlocks though). They brought my favourite character back, I love Jax, always been a fan of the big, slow, heavy, hard hitting types in games.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably get bored one day and pop it back in. I loved the 1st one, but couldn't get into the 2nd (altho I didn't give it too much of a chance).

My all time favorites would probably be:

Zelda - Link to the Past
Mortal Kombat 2
Doom (1&2)
Baldur's Gate (1&2)
Dark Age of Camelot

My wife actually bought me a MK3 arcade machine last year for my birthday and I got a MK2 PCB for it off eBay, but I've been too lazy to install it... I really need to get around to that.

I'm not much of a gamer. I do love to play the NCAA Football 2010/11 games and i'm a huge fan of the Call of Duty series includeing the Modern Warefare games. I may get flamed for this but i also love the Rock Band games as well. Just because it's something that my wife and i can do together that's music related since she doesn't play a real instrument.

Of this generation probably Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age (or as I like to call it, the real neverwinter nights 2), Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain. Oh and Super Street Fighter 4 of course, but that goes without saying.

Haha. Yea I think the most disappointing day of my life was the day NW(1) came out. I was addicted to Baldur's Gate, so when NW was announced I was expecting the best thing ever... and it wasn't :(

Dragon Age was great though, not up there with Baldurs, but still a good game. 4 people parties just wasn't enough, 6 was perfect. With 4 it was just to limited, there wasn't enough flexibility... You needed a healer, and there was only 1 i think (that old chick), then your main character, then you only had 2 slots to play with...

Atari 2600 ET The Extraterrestrial, Journey, Pac Man, Defender, Combat and Pinball :)

It's been a long time since I've play video games!

Haha. Yea I think the most disappointing day of my life was the day NW(1) came out. I was addicted to Baldur's Gate, so when NW was announced I was expecting the best thing ever... and it wasn't :(

Dragon Age was great though, not up there with Baldurs, but still a good game. 4 people parties just wasn't enough, 6 was perfect. With 4 it was just to limited, there wasn't enough flexibility... You needed a healer, and there was only 1 i think (that old chick), then your main character, then you only had 2 slots to play with...

Dragon Age had more of an action rpg feel, partly due to the fact it wasn't D&D based, more core MMO gameplay, simplified for console.

I really liked Neverwinter, the actual gameplay for a one person d&d style experience was spot on, far more entertaining then BG shadows of amn gameplay, but the story was linear without the depth; you had choice, but it all led to the same conclusions and it held your hand too much.

The thing that won me other with BG, above all over games, almost of all time, was the story, it had the depth of a beautifully written fantasy novel and it carried it, you actually felt for the characters.

I know Final Fantasy was doing that on the SNES, but most games didn't immerse you in who the characters were until we got BG, I credit it a lot for that.

I am a huge one for story, and I love the story in Dragon Age, it is an involving world, with multiple nations, traditions, histories and the way it handles origins and relationships is very tasteful and actually enchances the experience.

I'd be hard pressed not to call Dragon Age 2 my most anticipated game, but this year has so many titles I'm looking forward to coming out.

I mean, on the fighting front, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and MK, then you have new Uncharted, new Elder Scrolls, Killzone 3, the new id software ip... the list goes on and on.

Last edited:
Atari 2600 ET The Extraterrestrial, Journey, Pac Man, Defender, Combat and Pinball :)

It's been a long time since I've play video games!

ET?!? That was probably the most pointless game ever made.

From Wiki:
The end result is often cited as one of the worst video games released, and was The end result is often cited as one of the worst video games released, and was one of the biggest commercial failures in video gaming history.

E.T. is frequently cited as a contributing factor to Atari's massive financial losses during 1983 and 1984. As a result of overproduction and returns, unsold cartridges were also buried in a New Mexico landfill. The game's commercial failure and resulting effects on Atari are frequently cited as a contributing factor to the video game industry crash of 1983.

ET?!? That was probably the most pointless game ever made.

From Wiki:

It's a collectors edition now, a friend of mine had a friend working at Atari when that happened, some funny stories from the horses mouth. Apparently it was made in a week.

It's a collectors edition now, a friend of mine had a friend working at Atari when that happened, some funny stories from the horses mouth. Apparently it was made in a week.

Yep, I wished I still had a lot of my old toys and games. Oh well...

Back