Todd Sucherman here!

2b---

Of course! There's always a signing table after the clinic. See you then.

Gab--

You figured it out.

Mr. B--

Cool---look forward to seeing you and I'd be more than happy to sign your dvd. Thanks for getting it!

Cheers from Mexico City,
TS

Hi Todd..

Wish I could come to one of your clinics, that's for sure!

Hey: There are snippets of a Styx-performance on the net I haven't known about yet. It kinda looks like back in the old days. My guess is 1997. You were playing Sonor, of course.
The thing is, it's an unplugged appearance on some TV-show, I suppose (blue and red curtains flapping in the background).
Although, there didn't seem to be an audience present. Your playing is really intriguing and the unplugged-format grants very up-close and personal insights.

Do you recall what event that was...couldn't find anything about it yet! I'd re-really like to see more of this:)

Thanks, man and all the best...
Andreas

PS: Good luck for Monterrey!

Andreas,

That, I believe was from 1996 in NY. We did a 4 songs acoustic set for VH1. It still gets played I guess. I don't remember much about that day. It was long ago.....

Thanks--

I'm coming to Canada for some clinics next week....if anyone lives in these cities, come say hello!

March 17, 2010
Just Drums (In-Store Clinic)
137 Willowdale Avenue
North York, ON M2N 4Y3
(800) 565-6676
Tme: 7:00pm

MARCH 18, 2010
Long & McQuade
Venue:
The Hellenic Community of Ottawa
1315 Prince of Wales Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K2C 1N2
Store Address:
2631 Alta Vista Dr.
Ottawa, Ontario
K1V 7T5
Phone: 613-521-5909
Time: 7:30PM

MARCH 20, 2010
MUSIQUE GAGNÉ ET FRÈRES
302, Rue Durocher,
Quebec, QC G1K 4W9
Phone: 418-525-8601
Venue:
Salle Jean-Paul-Tardif
950, avenue Joffre, Québec, G1S 1V2
Does open @ 5*:30pm

March 21, 2010
Steve’s Music Store
Corona Theatre
2490 rue Notre-Dame west
Doors at 3pm
E-Pro Live / Korg Wave drum demo 3:15- 4:45
Isaac Dumont 5:00 pm
Flo Mounier 5:30
Todd Sucherman 6:30
Todd

Hi Todd!
Do you plan to start working on a new dvd?
If you are, what will you cover with it?

Also, I feel kinda stuck in where I'm at right now.
if you have the time, perhaps you could have a look at this video and say what you think and if you have any suggestions on what could be better about the playing in general I would be thankful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSG75mhooI

Cheers!

Larta---

I hope to commence work on a new dvd sometime Nov/Dec. I'm still formulating my ideas but there will be lots of songs. I'm not ready to talk about some of my other concepts yet. As for the clip, it's kind of hard to make suggestions. Just watch about making things feel too tap dancer/ dotted 8th, 16th feely. dah-da, dah-da, dah-da. Think about other ways to break up the time. Check out some Tony Williams and Elvin Jones. Dig what they are saying on the ride. But you did hold them all together!

On my way to Canada....
TS

Hi Todd!

Allright! I've listened to some Elvin with Coltrane(I really enjoy Giant Steps!) and Williams with Miles, but I'm going to listen some more!
Btw!
On youtube(Todd Sucherman Demon Drive Part II video) you're playing the song "Going on 17", which is also a Goodman song, Is there any chance to hear and see you play the whole song?

Goodluck in canada!

Cheers

Hey Todd

Great to hear you're already working on MM-2 !!
I'm thinking you just HAVE to put a special about Latin-American drumming in the new piece....because -oh my- you got that down, Todd.

Your solos around "time" and "motif" (are they called that?) are so inspiring! Particularly the application of all sorts of flams make them outstanding in my mind. "Flams" ...another TS-trademark in my oppinion. "Tribute to flams" I say!!

Great news -- something to look forward to!

Thanks, Todd!

Andreas

PS: It's spring! Yay :)

Last edited:
Hey Todd,

thanks for the great clinic last night, you did a great job. It was an honour being a guinea pig. I really dig how you set your kit up sideways, the audience does see a lot more.

Would have loved to have chatted some more but was feeling the pressure from line up behind me. Until next time!

Larta---

Going On 17 will most likely make it into the next DVD.

Andreas---

Thanks a lot!

Mr. Brownstone----

Great to meet you! Thanks for coming out and thanks for the compliments!

Have a few more clinics coming up.....if anyone lives in these cities, come out and say hello.
Cheers,
Todd

Thursday April 1st @7PM
Resurrection Drums
The Bienes Theatre of the Arts
* (at St Thomas Sr High School)
2801 SW 12th St
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312
(954)513-2272

Monday April 5th @ 7PM
Tickets $10 in advance $12 at the door
TJ's Music
347 South Main St.
Fall River, MA 02721
Call 508-673-9100 for more info
www.tjsmusic.com

Tuesday April 6th @ 7pm
Husson University Gracie Theatre
One College Circle Bangor, ME 04401
Tickets are $10
Contact Mark's Music for more info @ 207-989-6658

Dicenso's Drum Shop
Wednesday April 7th @ 7pm
Venue is at Hajjar's
969 Washington St.
Weymouth, MA 02189
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door
For more info call Dicenso's at*(781) 331-3333
www.dicensos.com

See you at Hajjars, I will be there early for a bite and a cold brew.

How may Goodman songs do you got? I enjoy his work both with the Dregs, Mahavishnu, and the covers he played on with Dream Theater(for their latest cd). Also his solowork is awesome.
I also bought both Taylor Mills albums! I'm going to listen to them as soon as I can!

Cheers from sweden

2b--

See you there!

Larta--

I have just those two from Jerry. Thanks for getting the Taylor Mills CDs. Where did you pick them up?

Cheers-
TS

TS,

See you in Ft Lauderdale April1!

Hey Gary,

Thanks! Well, you've kept me up at night too. (Does that sound strange?)

Well, those Panchos club dates are loose fun adrenaline tequila soaked gigs where we are encouraged to play like that from the nice people who keep sending us rounds of shots. Although it's a bit of wankery, at least we are listening to each other trying to make some fun stuff happen! I deeply appreciate your compliments and consider them of the highest order, my friend!

It's been way too long and I sure hope our paths cross soon-
Hugs to you-
Todd

Larta--
I have just those two from Jerry. Thanks for getting the Taylor Mills CDs. Where did you pick them up?
TS

I bought them om iTunes actually(I haven't got the actual CD)! I liked both albums alot! I played some songs to a friend of mine, and she asked if we could cover some of the songs live sometime in the summertime actually.

If we play some songs and it ends up on youtube, I will send you a link!

Cheers

Hey Todd,

Just saw pics of your new Reference kit on Pearl's website. Kit looks killer! Was curious as to specs and size? What made you go with the Quarter Toms on this one? Love the way they were painted to match the rest of the kit!

Keep it up!!

Also, I feel kinda stuck in where I'm at right now.
if you have the time, perhaps you could have a look at this video and say what you think and if you have any suggestions on what could be better about the playing in general I would be thankful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSG75mhooI

Cheers!

Check out the lesson series by Ian Froman on the Vic Firth Website.The guy swings harder than Barry Bonds!

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/drumset/froman.php

I'm just starting to comp with both the bass drum and snare over a very generic ride pattern, and working in fills. A few months from now, though, I'll be able to start utilizing these more advanced ride patterns.

Larta--

Cool, man. Thanks! Hope you enjoy them. They take a few listens to kick in. My favorite records are like that and I'm proud that those two CDs are like that too.

Gongbass--

That kit is for shows with Lawrence Gowan in Canada on May 7&8. The gold hardware will come home to live with me. It's a standard Reference but the shells are stained on the inside as well. The rocket toms will be used again for the Gowan material. Here's the link for pics:
http://www.pearldrum.com/News/Drumset-News-Article.aspx?id=665

Skreg--

I studied with Ian back in '87/'88. He's a bad-ass of the highest order. I love him and I love his playing. He was a big influence for me in many ways.

Cheers, and off to Ft. Lauderdale.....
Todd

Todd,

Great clinic in Weymouth Ma (DiCenso's) It was a great pleasure to meet you after the show. My wife thought it was the best clinic to date. I drag her along so she can see how great the drumming community is and also to point out that I'm not the only drummer who owns three drum kits :)

I did want to ask a couple of ?'s but time became an issue.

1, You played a simple groove and afterwards you explained how on beat 4 for example you opened the hi-hat and on beat 2 you did X and how producers notice this type of thing. Is this something you create while playing a groove or is this type thing requested of you, or maybe a little of both? Hope I did not confuse you!

2, What kind of shoes were you wearing? My wife pointed them out, they looked very comfortable. I knew I brought her along for something :)

Again, thanks for a great informative clinic. Your playing is superb but better than that is you are a great down to earth person. I'm 56 and it's people like yourself that keep me inspired and strive to always push myself.

Thank you.
Pete (2bsticks)

Back