Ring-Arrestor - Tone Control?

Daphfz

Has anyone heard of them or used them? They have reviews on their website from modern drummer mag and drummers, but im still skeptical. What do you guys think?

Dave.

I don't know if that is the exact one that I used, but I did have a snare drum where I used either that, or one that looks and acts exactly like it. It worked well...cut out the ring without changing the tone as much as a zerO Ring or one of the evil choices (like tape, etc).

which would you say is better, moongel or the ring-arrestor?

It looks a little bit large to me. I have used moon gels and I have used half of a moon gel. The sound on the small video was too much muffling for me. One business card on the head of a snare will work wonders. Try it and see. I know it may not be cool, but upside down with no print showing it's almost invisible and they are cheap.

It looks a little bit large to me. I have used moon gels and I have used half of a moon gel. The sound on the small video was too much muffling for me. One business card on the head of a snare will work wonders. Try it and see. I know it may not be cool, but upside down with no print showing it's almost invisible and they are cheap.

i'll give it a go :) thx

which would you say is better, moongel or the ring-arrestor?

I like Zero Rings the best, then moongel type things (there are actually ones that aren't sticky on top, so if your stick hits the top of it, the stick won't get stuck for a split second), and then the ring-arrestor.

The drum that I used it on had REAL issues, no matter what heads and what tuning I tried, I couldn't get it to sound like anything but a crazy ringing drum. The ring-arrestor was perfect for that drum.

I see, so moongel will probably be the better solution for a drum that only rings a little bit?

the cool thing about moongels is you can put on more or fewer of them, or move them around on the head to get the exact amount of muffling you want.

the disadvantages are that you can hit them (not too likely) and that they tend to fall off the drum and get lost when you're moving the drums around (but not while you're playing).

the cool thing about moongels is you can put on more or fewer of them, or move them around on the head to get the exact amount of muffling you want.

the disadvantages are that you can hit them (not too likely) and that they tend to fall off the drum and get lost when you're moving the drums around (but not while you're playing).

I'll be mindfull of that, i bought 4 packs of moongel from USA as its cheaper than buying them here in Australia. Thankyou for all your advice guys :) We'll see how i go when it arrives :D.

Back