Billy Ward here!

Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

Alakabone said:
wow this is really cool, i love your playing when u came to montreal drumfest a few years ago.

Thanks!!! that was a fun show for me... I remember it started with the wing nut on the hats coming off and as it rolled off of my lteeny 10" hi hats, I caught it / screwed it back onto the clutch and kept playing as best I could.. then, looking up - I saw that many in the audience were applauding my daredevel act! :D That kind of stuff happens to everybody!!!

Audun_D said:
Hello Mr. Ward! I've seen recently that you are doing some clinics in England. I was just wondering if you are planning to visit Norway? I really want to go to one of your clinics, but I cant affort a plane ticket to England... I really hope you come to Bergen, Norway!!

Best regards, Audun!

I would love to visit Norway again. It's been about fifteen years since I've been to Norway - I was playing with Chris Whitley and we played a show in Oslo along with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. I must confess though, right now, there isn't much happeneing to get me there. If you have a DW dealer, you could try to bother them into having me come for a clinic! In a way, this is how it actually happens. The demand has to happen first! Either way, thanks for the kindness.

I am finally home in New York City again after the Mike Dolbear UK clinic tour and about two weeks in Ireland (on Holiday!). I will be doing a clinic tour in the US this summer and will post the cities and dates as soon as I have them.

Best wishes to you all!
Billy

billy ward said:
I would love to visit Norway again. It's been about fifteen years since I've been to Norway - I was playing with Chris Whitley and we played a show in Oslo along with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. I must confess though, right now, there isn't much happeneing to get me there. If you have a DW dealer, you could try to bother them into having me come for a clinic! In a way, this is how it actually happens. The demand has to happen first! Either way, thanks for the kindness.

I am finally home in New York City again after the Mike Dolbear UK clinic tour and about two weeks in Ireland (on Holiday!). I will be doing a clinic tour in the US this summer and will post the cities and dates as soon as I have them.

Best wishes to you all!
Billy

Thanx for answering man! Enjoy your vecation!

Re: I'm here! -

billy ward said:
Well, jeez, I'm just one out of our family of drummers. Thanks for such a great welcome!
Bernhard - I hope you know how much fun it was to meet you at Musikmesse- and inspiring as well (esp. to hear about your drum kit and it's date of manufacture). And yes - I think i will see you again next year - plus hopefully do some clinics in Europe!

I purposely spend time on the internet - not only with my site but visiting all the other drummer sites.

I remember going to Yugoslavia in '86 (when it WAS Yugoslavia) and playing at a music festival with saxaphonist Bill Evans SuperGroup. I moved to LA and Dennis replaced me... bummer :(
(he IS pretty good though, huh? :D)

Some of the drummers there had never even seen a picture of Buddy Rich - let alone heard many drummers in person! Yet they were asking me about Buddy and others...
I remember giving all my sticks and extras away to drummers who were playing taped together stickes that I would've thrown out ages ago. My point is - the internet has provided us all with information and the world is changing. Sometimes I am afraid of where we are going in our wacky world - but I KNOW I can always count on ourselves, (us drummers) to get along and grow together. I think it's up to us how we use the internet - but it is a potentially wonderful thing! Bernhard has given us the biggest and best and fastest conduit around! Thanks Mr. B!

So here we go!... Let's share more info. I am happy to give my 2 cents-answer to any question. Feel free to dish away. If I have strayed away - come over to my site and reel me in! You know, answering questions (or teaching) only firms up one's self-beliefs! So I gain from this as well. And with that - I'll say - THANKS!

wow . you remember my country . im from yugoslavia ! welcome !

CASP3Rdrummer said:
wow . you remember my country . im from yugoslavia ! welcome !

Casp3 - wow. Words cannot express what I feel for what you have and are going through.
I hope you and your family are safe and OK! How are you? Where are you?

and drumbig - thanks. Columbus is the first gig of the tour - so it will be special. I also absolutely LOVE Jim Rupp and the cats there at Columbus pro percussion -
Great store - great staff... gonna be a fun hit!!!

billy ward said:
Casp3 - wow. Words cannot express what I feel for what you have and are going through.
I hope you and your family are safe and OK! How are you? Where are you?

and drumbig - thanks. Columbus is the first gig of the tour - so it will be special. I also absolutely LOVE Jim Rupp and the cats there at Columbus pro percussion -
Great store - great staff... gonna be a fun hit!!!

thank you for your worrying . i was borned in 1991 and i was very small when the war began . when nato bombarded us in 1998 we left and now we live in greece since then .

you know whats funny . my old drum teacher here in greece was in yugoslavia on the music festival that you played and he remembered it .

CASP3Rdrummer said:
thank you for your worrying . i was borned in 1991 and i was very small when the war began . when nato bombarded us in 1998 we left and now we live in greece since then .

you know whats funny . my old drum teacher here in greece was in yugoslavia on the music festival that you played and he remembered it .

that's grea Casp! Greece is nice (I hear! - haven't been there yet)
Amazing that your old teacher remembers that! Though we probably did stick out a bit with our American confidence of that time. I remember hanging out alot with Jim Beard and Joe Zawinul more than anything about that - that is... that's what I remember besides the social aspects of being in Yugo then. It was weird there - obviously about to explode. Lots of tension - lots of nervous citizens... most unfortunate.
Glad you are doing well now - at least you aren't at risk.

Mr. Ward, I used you in a recent example teaching my GF's son that it's great to excel at something, i.e., Michael Jordan, Nolan Ryan....just don't forget to learn to be a good human being. Thanks for the class ; )

Last edited:

This is page seven on my Drummerworld thread as I type... and I'm in Nashville about to do clinic number seven tonight (out of 14 total) from my US clinic tour. Wish you all were here!!!! we'd have a nice time.
thanks
B

billy ward said:
This is page seven on my Drummerworld thread as I type... and I'm in Nashville about to do clinic number seven tonight (out of 14 total) from my US clinic tour. Wish you all were here!!!! we'd have a nice time.
thanks
B

Hi Billy,

A bunch of us will be there! We're all psyched to hear you and soak up stuff at the clinic!
Matt

I'm home now on a break - back out on the second leg in a week!
I remember meeting a Matt in Nashville - was this you?

A REMINDER!!!

07 July - Drums 2 Go (Orlando, FL)
09 July - Ellis Drum Shop (St. Paul, MN)
11 July - Rupp's Drum Shop (Denver, CO)
13 July - Donn Bennett Drum Studio (Bellevue, WA)
15 July - Dale's Drum Shop (Harrisburg, PA)
17 July - Jersey Drum Center (Edison, NJ)

The clinic in Maine was cancelled 'cause they couldn't find a venue. If you are coming - show up around two hours before (if you like) and hang out while I soundcheck...

thanks
Billy

Also, there will be a masterclass at Donn Bennett's studio on july 12 at 2:30.

-thanks!

Welcome to the community Mr. Ward!New here myself,but folks are very nice!Loved your clinic in Columbus,Ohio a few weeks ago,very inspiring.Enjoy!

hey Billy I came to your clinic in Buffalo New York. Such a nice drum set and such a great player. Thanks for the tips to, you were great

Back