Bracket placement FL. Tom legs

lefty2

Platinum Member
I've been posting about this in a thread titled 4-Piece kit. I have a Tama starclassic performer 2003 era 14 x-12 hanging floor tom. I think I'm going to go ahead and get some brackets and add legs to it. What I'm wondering is, is there a certain point on the shell that I should put the brackets? My 16 x16 Yamaha has the brackets approximately 3 in above the edge of the shell. Does anybody know if there is a perfect place to put these brackets or does it make much difference? I searched and seen a lot of talk about adding legs to their floor toms and not looking back, but not about where to drill the holes. I appreciate any input thank you

Have you thought about this? Basically a suspension mount for floor toms. If you are 8 lug it will work.

Attachments

• dss-floor_2.jpg
    dss-floor_2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 53
Obviously put them where they can be adjusted and not all the way up or down. Get the legs first before attaching the brackets. I have noticed on two of my floor toms that the brackets are not 120 degrees apart. Two are closer. This may be Gretsch and I don't think it is important. if you have another floor tom, put them where the top of the 14 can be made level with the other flooor tom. I know this all sounds basic, but just food for thought. also before drilling put masking tape on the inside so as not to chip out the inner ply of wood.

Obviously put them where they can be adjusted and not all the way up or down. Get the legs first before attaching the brackets. I have noticed on two of my floor toms that the brackets are not 120 degrees apart. Two are closer. This may be Gretsch and I don't think it is .
Yes I have noticed that on previous floor Tom's that I've owned they are not all equally spaced. My main concern is killing the drums resonance by putting the brackets in the wrong place. But I am not interested in a cradle system.

Back