My plan, advice is most welcome

Hi Everyone.

I need advices from experienced professional drummers as regards...MY FUTURE!!!!
You'll see..I Live in Buenos Aires, Argentina... a place where music culture also exists, but, where you do not have much going on as regards session jobs or being hired as a drummer.
I am 24 years old, I have studied in the Escuela de musica de Buenos Aires, I play since I am 13 and I consider that my playing is good (of course, I am always looking foward to improve in all senses)
I have no doubts that drumming is my life, so I have decided that next year (most probably) I am going to move to another city, where the chances of working as a sessionist or being hired are much bigger....so , here is where I need you guys... WHERE SHOULD I GO??? Who should I see? Wich city? Address? Person? Galaxy? Whatever...
I speak English, Italian and Spanish.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Re: MY PLAN. ADVICES ARE MOST WELCOME...

I'd say it depends on what you want to do.

Do you want to move out Argentina completely? It'll be a big step. I'd suggest you head to a decent sized city, maybe state-side, but not somewhere massive.

The obvious location would be New York, (i've never been there) but my feeling is that there's so much talent going on it would be hard to find work. If you're willing to work another job, wait some tables in the meantime, then you can go anywhere. If you want to jump straight into drumming as your sole form of income then I'm not sure.

Well, yeah...the idea is to leave Argentina...as I live in the capital city, and chances are too low here...no chance around here.
Of course I´d have to find a job while I look for one as a drummer.... I am willing to do that or whatever it takes to make it.
I think the same that you think about New York...
Thank you for posting!!!

My advice - Dont build your life around trying to 'make it'. Its far too unpredictable to be practical. Always have something on the side in case things dont work out.

Uprooting your life to move to somehwre for the sake of drumming is not a smart idea, especially at your age, and especially since the internet can get you a certain amount of the way without even leaving your room.

Uprooting your life to move to somehwre for the sake of drumming is not a smart idea, [especially at your age

Thanks for posting. Do you think I am to old already? Sometimes I think so, but I dont really think it is like that.

Atlanta has a big but not overwhelming music scene.
Id also suggest New Orleans or Nashville...

What style do you prefer to play?

Youre definitely not too old!

Success in not something that can be pinned to age - Young people can be successful, and older people can be successful. Luck is of course a factor, but nothing can take the place of hard work, organization, networking, a good work ethic and a little faith!

Its different for everyone, but look at how others got where they did and ASK THE QUESTIONS to help you get where you want to be the quickest way possible.

Hey TB, how are you? I mainly play funk and rock, samba,bossa-nova,bahiao, Shuffle, half shuffle, Blues and I LOVE SOUL.

Thanks DamoSyzygy, I do hae faith my friend.

Back