DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Gavin Harrison here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsurfer View Post
It's not a copy, it's the official Roadrunner release. If you take a look at the PT-forum, you'll see that a lot of people have received the CDs, even the limited edition. I'm against bootleg and illegal download, what makes me rather old-fashioned, I guess, but I think that the musicians deserve to get paid at the end of the day, wonder why it's such a rare opinion these days...
Agreed. I don't want to drive the discussion off topic but as someone trying to make a living as a professional drummer it boggles my mind how many people profess to enjoy and support someone's playing while refusing to do anything to support that person's playing, like paying for the products the person puts out so they can actually pay the bills and continue to put out the drumming that they claim to support so much.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Hey Gavin, What drummers have been the biggest influence on you? Mine are Keith Carlock, and Yourself.

Thanks
Brendan
Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.funkenstien View Post
Hey Gavin, What drummers have been the biggest influence on you?
http://www.askgavinharrison.com/tags...ences/articles
Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM

haha. I don't know... but I see your point.

Ah. Better check out that dvd then! Thanks!

Ps: any other live music-dvds you want to recommend? Jazz, Funk, rock style..

And will the new PT-dvd be released on bluray disc? or just dvd?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Hi Gavin,

I read about your choice of snare wires, which are Puresound 12 strand cut down to 8 strands. Do you use the Equalizer Series or just the normal ones? Any feedback to the EQ Series?

Thanks in advance,

Phil
Old 09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi madsurfer

By the way, what is your favourite PT album so far (question 1)

Probably Nil Recurring and Deadwing

And (question 2):
I wondered if you and Colin worked a lot together, I mean just the two of us, to get together the basis of some songs or if you know so well each other than everything comes together while playing together with the whole band. It interests me a lot, as I am a bassist AND a drummer (more a bassist than an drummer, though... ;))

We worked together during the writing sessions but we didn't record together.

It's not a copy, it's the official Roadrunner release. If you take a look at the PT-forum

I try to never look at that forum - I've never seen so much moaning and complaining about everything we do - and it appears a few folks on there hate me and go out of their way to say so. It's depressing reading.

Hi mrbutterskin

1. Can you remember which cymbals you used on In Absentia? There's one in particular I'm curious about, which you used around 1:14 ish, it sounds like it comes before a small china hit.

I can remember some of them - which song are you talking about?

2. I've only seen one video with you using the 18" Oriental crash of doom, do you only use it for certain events? Or has it just recently become a part of your arsenal and there are videos out there before you had it?

Do you mean YouTube videos? There's quite a few where I'm using the 18" Crash Of Doom" and quite a few from a time before I had it. I don't use for everything.

Hi DTrocks

Ps: any other live music-dvds you want to recommend? Jazz, Funk, rock style..

Weather Report Live in Montreux 1976 is nice and so is Pat Metheny "The Way Up Live".

And will the new PT-dvd be released on bluray disc? or just dvd?

I don't know - I hope it will make it to Bluray.

Hi phil_EN

I read about your choice of snare wires, which are Puresound 12 strand cut down to 8 strands. Do you use the Equalizer Series or just the normal ones? Any feedback to the EQ Series?

I like the standard "custom series" - the eq series are the ones that have a few missing from the middle right? That's kind of the opposite of what I'm really trying to achieve by cutting down the 12 strands to 8....so they weren't my cup of tea.

cheers
Gavin
Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Of course I would forget to put the song haha...

I was wondering about the Sound of Muzak

I appreciate the answers!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi mrbutterskin,
it's a 6" A zildjian splash

cheers
Gavin
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 PM

hi gav i hear the songs of the new cd from Pt because one friend download a whole cd in ares software with a bad sound, i pre ordered my cd from amazon, but i think this is so bad for the music all of the ejecutives from the disc companys could think i one new way to sell the music cause this is steal music and afect all the musicians in the world :(

what do u think of antonio sanchez from pat metheny group? he is mexican like me :)

cheers gav
Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguer View Post
hi gav i hear the songs of the new cd from Pt because one friend download a whole cd in ares software with a bad sound, i pre ordered my cd from amazon, but i think this is so bad for the music all of the ejecutives from the disc companys could think i one new way to sell the music cause this is steal music and afect all the musicians in the world :(

what do u think of antonio sanchez from pat metheny group? he is mexican like me :)

cheers gav
I'm not Gavin but I know Antonio's work pretty well, beeing a huge Metheny and the likes fan myself. He's one of the best drummers in Jazz I think. The stuff he plays on most of Metheny's stuff is so complex and fast but you'll never notice it most of the times anyways because it blends so well.

I remember an anekdote, I believe I read it somewhere in an interview with Pat. He said that when Antonio joined the band, Antonio called Paul Wertico after one day of rehearsals with the question how he was able to play all those parts for all those years. He said he didn't felt his arms anymore and the only thing Paul could do was laugh and tell him that this will stay for at least the next two weeks and that it will get better afterwards.
Some of those ride patterns are pretty fast and hard…

[edited]I noticed that Gavin recommended the Way Up live dvd so I guess he enjoys Sanchez (though he already stated a couple of times that he likes Metheny a lot).
And Metheny is going to tour again next year with his Orchestrion project. No Sanchez however (in fact, only computer controlled devices…). Got my tickets for Eindhoven and Amsterdam!

One small question for Gavin (sorry to bother you with these kind of questions but I couldn't find anything on the roadrunner, burningshed or PT websites about it).
I noticed that there is a dvd-audio disk with the deluxe edition of the Incident. Do you perhaps know if the dvd-audio will be released as a separate disk like with the previous 3 albums?

Last edited by SantiBanks; 09-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:26 AM

Hey Gavin; Just received "The Incident" today, listening as I type, sounds incredible! -Another keeper from PT!. Looking forward to seeing you guys 9/24 at Terminal 5 in NYC, Take care.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM

PT at The Vic, Chicago, IL, Sept. 22, 2009

I am traveling to Chicago for this show, but my wife can't make the trip as planned, which leaves me with 1 extra ticket (ROABP pre-sale). The show is sold out, but if someone would like to meet me at The Vic the night of the show and cover the cost of the ticket (face value), I would be happy to pass it on. I can't meet sooner, as I don't arrive in Chicago until the 22nd and the tickets are at Will Call.

email me at: stikzandskinz@hotmail.com

I couldn't think of where else to post this. I was hoping to reach a TRUE FAN of Gavin's and PT, rather than the general public. If I am wrong to post this here, I apologize, but I couldn't find anything in FAQ that prohibits it.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post
Hi cygnify

Do you feel the excitement in anticipation of the release date and the public hearing it or is that all gone now in favor of the upcoming tour?

Not really - I've heard the record thousands of times already as I was working on it. I'll probably never listen to it ever again!!
Hah, dispel our myths why dont you Gavin :)

Personally I haven't been this excited about a new release since FOABP and can't wait to here the band collectively and focus on a certain's drummers playing of course. It may be just a job to you mate but it means so much more to us mortals.
Being a postie I was so hoping to find my copy today rather than on monday alas no luck. What pissed me off is that I delivered several copies of the new Muse album so why not PT? :)

Anyway, my copy of 'Circles' arrived yesterday and I'm trying to get my head around the genius on display. Playing the title track as I type, hoping that my question comes across clearly. From the start of the track are you hitting the edge of the toms (the 'click' sound ) as well as everything else? If you have the time would you explain?
Can't wait for PT at Bristol in a few weeks. Thank you for the continuing inspiration.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi raguer

I love his drumming - as I mentioned I really enjoyed The Way Up Live DVD.

Hi SantiBanks

I noticed that there is a dvd-audio disk with the deluxe edition of the Incident. Do you perhaps know if the dvd-audio will be released as a separate disk like with the previous 3 albums?

Sorry but I really don't know.

Hi Ogg

Anyway, my copy of 'Circles' arrived yesterday and I'm trying to get my head around the genius on display. Playing the title track as I type, hoping that my question comes across clearly. From the start of the track are you hitting the edge of the toms (the 'click' sound ) as well as everything else? If you have the time would you explain?

Yes I play the rim on the snare drum - I did a similar thing on a verse of "Way Out Of Here" by PT. It's a sound I quite like. When the new book/DVD package comes out - you'll see that "Circles" pattern on the video.

Cheers
Gavin

P.S next Thursday 17th of Sept I'll be doing a meet and greet signing session at San Jose Pro Drum shop 303 Stockton Avenue • San Jose, CA 95126 at 4:30pm
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 AM

Hello there again Gavin. Two more questions :D

1. I might be seeing PT in philadelphia on September 26. I think the venue is the Electric Factory. Have you played there before? If so, what did you think of the venue?

2. Who did the singing in Deadwing that starts with 'Like a cancer scare, in the dentist chair...'? Was that Steve? It doesn't sound like him. At first I thought it was you one of the other band members but I saw some interviews and it didn't sound like any of them

That word of advice about the playback has REALLY improved my drumming. Not only that, but it has made me really mindful of timing. Every time I sit down, even to just work out an idea is accompanied by a metronome. Thank you gavin!

Last edited by DrummerStan; 09-14-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 AM

Wow, that's quite a trashy sounding splash!
And if I may ask, the 2nd hit (downbeat) around the same time mark (1:14), is that just an 8" of the same cymbal? It sounds quite similar

Thanks!
Robin
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 AM

Hi Gavin,

I just got your first book and boy it's a real corker! You've mentioned that listening back to practice recordings can be demoralizing - wow, truer words never spoken - but I know that it will pay off in time. The exercises are intense and make me feel like a complete beginner again but I feel good to be in the right hands! I also got the two dvd's (packaged together) and am getting a lot out of them.

I hope you don't ever get tired of hearing it but your playing, your books, and your efforts to help and motivate people on this forum are remarkable! In fact, this time last year I started back playing drums regularly in great part thanks to your influence and example. You have really helped to awaken that joy that only comes to me from drumming, you know, that same spark that gets you started in the first place. Once again drumming is fun, challenging, and fulfilling - How can I repay you?

Well, in two weeks I'll be driving up to Baltimore and then to Philadelphia (from my home in NC) to see you perform for the first time! Two nights in row - I can hardly wait! I hope to someday thank you in person but until then this "thank you" will have to do...

See you soon at the shows Gavin and take care,

Jiva
Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Hi Ogg

Yes I play the rim on the snare drum - I did a similar thing on a verse of "Way Out Of Here" by PT. It's a sound I quite like. When the new book/DVD package comes out - you'll see that "Circles" pattern on the video.
Thanks for the prompt reply Gavin. 'WOOHere' is one of my fav' PT songs anyway and having watched the 'Tilburg' performance of the track within the revamped PT site I now see you used the snare and not the toms. I tired it practicing this morning, bastid hard. I for one will be preordering the new book/dvd.. Any updates on the progress?

Simply to jump on the bandwagon, can't wait to see you and of course PT live for the first time in Bristol Oct 10th. 'The Incident' cd and ltd box set tomorrow! :)

http://www.porcupinetree.com/
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM

Hello Gavin,

I was wondering if you could give me some steps or tips for wisely developing a career as a drummer(I introduced the topic to my father, only to be told it was just a dream, which I don't really find true if one has a plan or at least some form of structure in pursuing the career)
Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Hey Gavin,

the new Porcupine Tree album is really amazing!! I love your sound!
I'm from Germany and I will visit your concert in Stuttgart... that will be awesome :P
Do you use the Shure sm 57 for your snare drum?

with greetings
Clemens

PS: I ordered my new Sonor SQ2... truely amazing drumset! The best choice you made :P
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Hi!

Must agree with C.L drum. Amazing sound on the new album! A huge improvement from FOABP in terms of the overall sound!

I need to listen to the album a couple of times more, though. But its looking good! You guys did a great job on this!

Which drumset did you use for this? And you use the ride quite a lot, is it your k-ride? Great sound on that.

Cheers!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi DrummerStan

1. I might be seeing PT in philadelphia on September 26. I think the venue is the Electric Factory. Have you played there before? If so, what did you think of the venue?

I think we have played there before - but I can't remember what the venue is like.

2. Who did the singing in Deadwing that starts with 'Like a cancer scare, in the dentist chair...'? Was that Steve?

Yes that's Steve.

Hi mrbutterskin

And if I may ask, the 2nd hit (downbeat) around the same time mark (1:14), is that just an 8" of the same cymbal? It sounds quite similar

No that's a 12 Oriental Trash China.

Hi Ogg,

Thanks for the prompt reply Gavin. 'WOOHere' is one of my fav' PT songs anyway and having watched the 'Tilburg' performance of the track within the revamped PT site I now see you used the snare and not the toms. I tired it practicing this morning, bastid hard. I for one will be preordering the new book/dvd.. Any updates on the progress?

It's a bit tricky to play the hi hat foot part (3 to a 6/8 bar) in that section. I don't know when the new book/DVD will be released - I hope before the end of the year.

Hi TC_Deibreak

I was wondering if you could give me some steps or tips for (I introduced the topic to my father, only to be told it was just a dream, which I don't really find true if one has a plan or at least some form of structure in pursuing the career)

I don't know if there is such a thing as 'wisely developing a career as a drummer'. First you've got to LOVE it because there's too many times you'll be unemployed - or playing stuff you really don't like that much for little or no money. If you don't do it for the right reasons - you'll be wasting your time. Second you've got be as good as you can be - practise as much as possibly can and be very versatile - learn to play lots of different styles and learn to read and transcribe. Then all you need is an ungodly amount of luck.

Hi C.L. - Drum

the new Porcupine Tree album is really amazing!! I love your sound!
Do you use the Shure sm 57 for your snare drum?

Yes - and a Chinese ribbon mic that I didn't recognise.

cheers
Gavin
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantiBanks View Post
Yes it has been confirmed that a DVD-A will get a stand alone release. No date has been announced, but PT.com said most likely in early 2010. It will be released on the band's own transmission label and sold through Burningshed.

Also just to clarify what comes in the Deluxe edition is a DVD-V, not a DVD-A.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Gavin

Just to wish you guys good luck with the new tour!.
Im sure that will imply a great step beyond the PT career.

Regards
Gustavo

Last edited by Gus; 09-15-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM

Gavin,

Bought the new album yesterday.

Some great playing, really strong material and beautful melodies.

I hope it helps propel the band to the next level, which would be thoroughly deserved.

On the forthcoming tour, how much of the The Incident are you planning to play live?

Cheers
Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibeachhead View Post
Yes it has been confirmed that a DVD-A will get a stand alone release. No date has been announced, but PT.com said most likely in early 2010. It will be released on the band's own transmission label and sold through Burningshed.

Also just to clarify what comes in the Deluxe edition is a DVD-V, not a DVD-A.
Thanks for the information! Guess I'll get it from iTunes first because early 2010 is some time away.

I believe that downloading from play.com gives 2 tracks from the Tilburg show aswell.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 PM

Gavin,

I wanted to get some more material on askgavinharrison.com concerning technique and practice.

One thing I see a lot of is people technique hunting for short cuts on playing. 'What technique do you play your bass drum' - been asked a million times.

What advice can you give for people looking for short cuts (as in finding a technique to speed up their double bass or single stroke playing vs just practicing for years)?

Derek Roddy addresses this. I think it would be helpful if a lot of great drummers basically say 'stop searching for magical short cut technique and go practice'.

http://www.askgavinharrison.com
Old 09-16-2009, 01:50 AM

What did you do during periods where you weren't getting any gigs?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Gold Member

Hey Gavin, even though you mainly do very different styles, you also have, in my opinion, quite a lot of metal elements in your playing. So I wanted to ask what do you consider a versatile straight double bass drum speed for 16ths? I mean, the last thing you'll find me playing is any type of metal, but I always liked being confident in as many styles as possible, and wasn't sure as to which level it'd be worth it to get my double bass speed to.
Alright, hope the question isn't too confusing. Thanks!

Fox.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Hello,

I need your help with a 5 bell stand im designing. I couldn't find a decent picture of your custom stand to take ideas from....so iv come up with my own design. Im not too sure it'l work.....(balance and stability).
It would be great if you could just have a quick look and pick out any design flaws.
Thanks

Also, I cant seem to figure out the time signature of the chorus of the second song on Circles. The first time you play it...its a straight 4/4 with a pre roll ? The next time around theres some sort of displacement....but i cant place it....is it a 3/16th displacement ?
Most of the verse is in 7/8 followed by a couple of bars of another meter....i couldnt figure that out either.
Would be great if you could explain it.

Cheers.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 AM

And lastly...
A part of a song that I co-composed (in Mar 2009) for my Prog Metal band sounds very similar to a part from Bonnie the Cat.
I guess your influence is rubbing off on me :)
If you have the time...kindly check these two short clips :) (please excuse the horrible production....our song has not been mixed yet)
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Apollonian Quest - From Flesh to Ashes (Clip).MP3 (902.4 KB, 384 views)
File Type: mp3 Porcupine Tree - Bonnie the Cat (Clip).MP3 (565.7 KB, 376 views)
Old 09-16-2009, 03:23 PM

Hello Mr. Harrison,

recently I stumbled across an article from SOS magazine back in '99 where you stated the following:
"I use the '57s on the snare drum both top and bottom. They're a cheap all-round mic, but everyone uses them. There's a nice thing you can do using a gate to 'duck' the bottom mic from the top mic on the loud hits -- that way you can have the bottom mic quite loud and really hear all the ghost notes, without it sounding like a bag of crisps on the accents."
could you elaborate on this 'ducking' principle you were talking about and explain why you'd prefer a SM57 for this kind of method?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
Hello Mr. Harrison,

recently I stumbled across an article from SOS magazine back in '99 where you stated the following:
"I use the '57s on the snare drum both top and bottom. They're a cheap all-round mic, but everyone uses them. There's a nice thing you can do using a gate to 'duck' the bottom mic from the top mic on the loud hits -- that way you can have the bottom mic quite loud and really hear all the ghost notes, without it sounding like a bag of crisps on the accents."
could you elaborate on this 'ducking' principle you were talking about and explain why you'd prefer a SM57 for this kind of method?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure if its the right answer but I think that its like this:

The gate lets signals flow when there are certain conditions met. Thats the basic summary of what it does. This means that if we tell the gate to open when the volume is below a certain treshold, the gate can open and let sound trough. When it is above, then shut the gate.

Now the ducking part. I think the gate is fed with the signal of the top mic too, but only for triggering functions. So when the signal of the top head is above a certain volume (a hard hit), then the gate will be closed and the bag of crisps imitation sound won't be passed trough the gate.

I have an old microgate from alesis in my rack. I think it's capable of doing that in the way I described. Feeding the trigger input wih the sound of the top mic and make sure it closes when the stick hits the top head hard.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM

Hi Drumbumhanza

Take a look on the pic below. The stand is made with the Sonor Hardware system, they're very versatile and strong components, you can see pics with endless examples here.

http://www.sonor.com/pbas/Sonor_FE/s...link-n_katid=7

I know its gratifiying when we do things with our hands, but this stand looks really great. Hope that may help you.

Good luck!
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Gavin, the new record is wonderful. Thank you, sir, and thanks to your bandmates as well. I hope y'all have a great tour.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM

[quote=DrummerStan;612708]Hello there again Gavin. Two more questions :D

/QUOTE]

I'll also be at this show. I was there last time you guys came in 2007. It was easily the best show I've been to, and I know this one will be even better!! I know that time, you played the entire FoaBP album as well as some older songs, will you be doing the same this year with The Incident? Also, what do you think about the opening band, King's X? My friend who is going with me is super excited to see them, but I've never really listened to much of them.

Oh, and btw...the new album is simply AMAZING! I love everything about it, and I REALLY can't wait for the DVD. Oh my it'll be good. I know you guys probably have no say over it, but if you do, PLEASE push for a blu-ray release. That would be awesome!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Re: 'Circles' I tried it practicing this morning, bastid hard.

It's a bit tricky to play the hi hat foot part (3 to a 6/8 bar) in that section.
Hah...I was referring to the the basic sticking pattern let alone that hat part :) Still, worked out an original pattern as a consequence of my attempting to emulate your playing so thank you.

Anyway, totally absorbed with 'The Incident' but I have found a problem with the 'Drawing The Line' track...towards the end you appear to be playing straight time (!), no polyrhythmic sprees or over-riding that I can spot...awesome :)
Far too many rhythmic moments to speculate upon but the ending to 'Octane Twisted' is particularly stunning as is the entire 'Bonnie The Cat' ****! Just where do you begin with something like that? Was the idea preconceived at home or did you stumble upon it during the writing sessions? Pleasing to finally hear the track after the brief snippet from the 'in the studio' clip etched itself into my brain.
Opening night tonight of the tour and I for one hope it goes well. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi supermac

On the forthcoming tour, how much of the The Incident are you planning to play live?

Pretty much all of it.

Hi fromyesterday

One thing I see a lot of is people technique hunting for short cuts on playing. 'What technique do you play your bass drum' - been asked a million times.What advice can you give for people looking for short cuts (as in finding a technique to speed up their double bass or single stroke playing vs just practicing for years)?

There are no shortcuts. I've been playing double bass drums - and then double pedals since 1983 and I still don't think I'm that good on them. Having articulate feet is much harder than having good hand/stick skills.

Hi TC_Deibreak

What did you do during periods where you weren't getting any gigs?

Practise.

Hi Fox622003

Hey Gavin, even though you mainly do very different styles, you also have, in my opinion, quite a lot of metal elements in your playing. So I wanted to ask what do you consider a versatile straight double bass drum speed for 16ths?

I don't really ever play continuous 16ths on the bass drum - it's not a sound or rhythm I like - so I can't really help you with a speed setting. Speed was never the issue for me - accuracy is. Somethings are much harder to play really slow.

Hi drumbumhamza

I need your help with a 5 bell stand im designing. I couldn't find a decent picture of your custom stand to take ideas from....so iv come up with my own design. Im not too sure it'l work.....(balance and stability).

Yes as Gus points out - it's possible to make it in Sonor "basic arm" parts. It's holding up well.

Also, I cant seem to figure out the time signature of the chorus of the second song on Circles. The first time you play it...its a straight 4/4 with a pre roll ? The next time around theres some sort of displacement....but i cant place it....is it a 3/16th displacement ?
Most of the verse is in 7/8 followed by a couple of bars of another meter....i couldnt figure that out either.

Yes there's a 3/16 note displacement near the end of the 2nd bar of the chorus. The verse is 8 bars of 7/8 and then one bar of 4/4.

Hi semaphore
SantiBanks answers the question perfectly.

Hi <3Josh<3

Also, what do you think about the opening band, King's X? My friend who is going with me is super excited to see them, but I've never really listened to much of them.

King's X are great - I saw them last year in Chicago.

Hi Ogg

Far too many rhythmic moments to speculate upon but the ending to 'Octane Twisted' is particularly stunning as is the entire 'Bonnie The Cat' ****! Just where do you begin with something like that? Was the idea preconceived at home or did you stumble upon it during the writing sessions?

Bonnie The Cat started with my drum pattern and a basic bass line I had written a few months before and brought it to the writing sessions for the other guys to jam on.

cheers
Gavin
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Hi Drumbumhanza

Take a look on the pic below. The stand is made with the Sonor Hardware system, they're very versatile and strong components, you can see pics with endless examples here.

I know its gratifiying when we do things with our hands, but this stand looks really great. Hope that may help you.

Good luck!
Amazing, how low you sit, Gavin!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 AM

Is that low?? Thighs are parallel to the ground. That's how I sit but never thought of it as low. just wondering...