DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin!
Played a great show at the Roxy on Monday. Enjoyed your performance especially! Ironically, my Rhythmic Illusions book came in the mail the same day as well. Definitely gonna be looking forward to the live album!!!

Daniel

Last edited by ProgDrummer; 11-02-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:39 PM

Hey Gavin -

Just picked up your Rhythmic Visions DVD - Great stuff on here! I particularly enjoyed the arrangement of 'A Night in Tunisia'. You should put together a jazz concepts book, or dvd - you had some great ideas going in that clip. Also - I'm currently putting together a percussion album - any chance of having you contribute with your busy schedule?

Regards,
Eric Bittermann
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM

Hey again Gavin :-)

Just a quick question for ya... If my memory serves me correctly, one of the kits you had when initially joining PT was a red Sonor kit... Was the finish on that kit Luminous Red (RAL 3024)? I was really fond of that particular shade and, well, Sonor offers about 25 shades :-)

Thanks much...

Cheers,
Tim
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi goo-goo

I wanted to ask you, do you have a high resolution of your kit (driver's seat) you could share? would love to have it as a wallpaper in my PC.

I can't upload hi res pictures onto this forum. There is a maximum size of 488.3kb
This is the best I can do....

Name:  Gavin Harrison setup.jpg
Views: 21527
Size:  204.3 KB

Hi s0nspark,

If my memory serves me correctly, one of the kits you had when initially joining PT was a red Sonor kit... Was the finish on that kit Luminous Red (RAL 3024)?

The first Sonor kit I played in the States was a Birdseye Amber DeLight. That got swapped for the one I use now in the States a Birdseye Azure.
I played a Birdseye Azure on my first European tour with PT - and then the Earth finish Designer - and now the Tribal finish SQ2.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post
The first Sonor kit I played in the States was a Birdseye Amber DeLight. That got swapped for the one I use now in the States a Birdseye Azure.
I played a Birdseye Azure on my first European tour with PT - and then the Earth finish Designer - and now the Tribal finish SQ2.

Cheers
Gavin
My bad ... it was your Pearl kit I "remembered" :-)

Thanks for the reply...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 AM

Your kit makes me smile everytime I see it. It looks so comfy, and I always wish I could sit behind it and play it! Just a question though...do you move your throne in a little when playing, or do you always sit that far back? Maybe it just looks far because nobody is sitting in it! lol Have a great one!
Josh
Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi XboxIsAGodToMe,

Yes I like to sit a long way back. I'm 6' 2" so I can't be that close anyway.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Hi XboxIsAGodToMe,

Yes I like to sit a long way back. I'm 6' 2" so I can't be that close anyway.

Cheers
Gavin
I think that's my problem. I'm the same height, and I feel like I sit too close. I'll definitely have to try that. Thanks!
Josh

P.S. It's good to see a taller drummer! Everyone seems to be so short lol.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM

Hi Gavin, I just received your 2 DVDs, been watching them all evening yesterday.
They're amazing and inspirational, I've got so many more things to work on now! Haha.
The "simple" polyrhythm exercises alone are going to take a while to assimilate.

I realized though, most of the tunes you play on them are very fusion/jazz/funk oriented, and all I knew about your playing was from the Porcupine Tree albums.
Among other things, there's a pattern from a song by the band Incognito that sounds pretty neat.
On your Wikipedia page I see you've played on many albums besides the PT ones.
Can you select the 3 or 4 that feature that other side of your playing the best?

Thanks a lot for all your replies so far, that's very generous (the thread is a goldmine).
Old 11-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Default RIMS mounts?

Gavin -

I am seriously looking at picking up a set of Sonors (S-Classix or DeLites more than likely) but am unfamiliar with the tom mounting system... from pictures it seems pretty heavy duty and I am a little concerned about how it may affect the resonance. In the past I have gone with Gauger RIMS mounts as a way around mounting systems that choke the drums... Have you ever had an issue with Sonor's T.A.R. mounts? Would RIM mounts be overkill or unnecessary? Also, have you ever considered mounting your floor toms in a similar fashion to your rack toms (i.e. suspended on your rack)?

Forgive my unfamiliarity with Sonor - I've had a hard finding shops in my area that stock anything from them :-/

Cheers,
Tim
Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Someone mentioned this on the HOD forum, Backstagemusician.com did an interview with Gavin, and placed the video of it on it's website.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Ploum©,

Can you select the 3 or 4 that feature that other side of your playing the best?

That's a tough question - because as far as my playing is concerned I usually just prefer the most recent stuff (such as my record with 05Ric "Drop"). There's some interesting stuff on Jakko Jakszyk's album "Bruised Romantic Glee Club". Of the older stuff - the Incognito album "Inside Life" is nice and I still like listening to Yasuaki Shimizu's "Aduna" album.

Hi s0nspark,

I am seriously looking at picking up a set of Sonors (S-Classix or DeLites more than likely) but am unfamiliar with the tom mounting system..... Have you ever had an issue with Sonor's T.A.R. mounts?

No I've never had a problem with them - they're really good. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either the DeLights or S-Classix.

Also, have you ever considered mounting your floor toms in a similar fashion to your rack toms (i.e. suspended on your rack)?

I have done that in the past with an old Pearl kit - but I prefer the floor toms on legs. Due to the size and weight of floor toms - you end up putting a lot of pressure on the mounts and shell by hanging them off a rack.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Ploum©,

That's a tough question - because as far as my playing is concerned I usually just prefer the most recent stuff (such as my record with 05Ric "Drop"). There's some interesting stuff on Jakko Jakszyk's album "Bruised Romantic Glee Club". Of the older stuff - the Incognito album "Inside Life" is nice and I still like listening to Yasuaki Shimizu's "Aduna" album.
Thanks a lot!

I've already found the Jakszyk and Incognito cds on Amazon, it seems like Aduna will be much tougher to find though. I'll be hitting the big Parisian stores ASAP.

Looking for an online store that stocked the album, I came across a translated interview of yours (from a Dutch mag called Slagwerkkrant) that answered pretty much the same question.

The list is consistent!
Here it is :

Porcupine Tree – Deadwing
Porcupine Tree – In Absentia
Franco Battiato – L’Imboscata
Yasuaki Shimizu – Aduna
Mick Karn – The Tooth Mother
Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin – The Big Idea
Jakko Jakszyk – Glee Club
Incognito – Inside Life
Lewis Taylor – Lewis 2
Shooter – And Your Point….
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Slagwerkkrant Interview Translated.pdf (220.6 KB, 483 views)
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Hey Gavin,

I am a big fan of Porcupine Tree, your drumming is brilliant; solid and tasteful Ė everything a drummer should be. I am not a drummer but a bass player and have signed up to ask a few questions (please donít flame me, I promise Iíll behave!).

As part of my 4th year on an honour degree in music I have decided to look at acoustic drum production techniques and am looking to use yourself/studio and Fear Of A Blank Planet/In Absentia as case studies as they are sonically stunning records. Having done some research on Both FOABP and In Absentia I have some questions:

-In the Sound on Sound article you explained that you record drums live in your control room with the screens doors open and ambient mics in the big room. Was this how FOABP was recorded?

-My understanding is that In Absentia was recorded in Avatar Studio NY. How were the drums recorded? From what I dig up the kit was close micíd but were there any ambient mics used (Paul Northfield didnít mention then in an interview I found)? To my ears there is less room sound on In Absentia than in FOABP yet (based on photoís I have dug up) Avatar is a bigger room than your studioÖ Was this simple a mixing choice thing or a conscious decision at the recording stage? Or am I simply reading too deep into nothing?

-You listed (as a reply to another question) this as your mic set up:

Bass Drum (SM91)
Bass Drum (Audix D6)
Snare Top (Audix i5)
Snare Bottom (SM57)
Hi Hat (AKG CK391)
Tom1 (Sennheiser 421)
Tom2 (Sennheiser 421)
Tom3 (Sennheiser 421)
Tom4 (Sennheiser 421)
Tom5 (Sennheiser 421)
Overheads (Pair of Royer 122's)
Close Ambience (Pair of Neumann TLM 103's)
Distant Ambience (Pair of Schoeps CMC5's)

Is this current still? Was this the set up for FOABP (specifically the ambient set up)?

When you say close and distant are we talking just outside the booth and at the other end of your hall?

You use two mics on the Kick also. Is this a batter head and one inside? If not how is this set up?

-And, just out of interest, in the SOS article you list the EV n/d 408ís as your choice tom mic over the Sennheiser 421ís as they donít get in the way. Everything I can dig up after that article seems to list the 421 as the choice mic. Is this accurate? Why the swap back?

I appreciate any help you can give. I know these seem to be pretty geeky (useless) engineer questions but they would be brilliant for my research.

Thanks for your time. Canít wait to see you play in November on the Porcupine Tree tour.

Regards

Garry
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Thanks Gavin for the drum kit picture!!!

I can host a bigger size picture if you (or everybody) wants it.

oquintero @ gmail . com (if you want to Gavin....without the spaces on my address....just protecting from spam bots ;) )

Question regading Nil Recurring song:

On the Robert Fripp solo part, did you re-record that part or was the solo recorded after your drum parts? I think the interaction and atmosphere created in that part between you and Mr Fripp is awesome...and completely orchestrated...I don't feel that any note is out of place. Its just plain amazing!!!

Thanks again Gavin
Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Hi Gavin. Just wanted to say well done in the Oxford show on thursday. I came from N Ireland and it was well worth the trip. I was the guy black hair n beard right at the front middle (I doubt you would remember me though lol). The crowd was very tame for some strange reason, but your playing (and everyones elses) was pretty much spot on. I saw the rythmic horizons DVD on sale which i really wanted to get, but unfortunately I'm just really broke these days so I had to pass.

One more thing, can I ask what snare drum you were using that night?

Cheers
Old 11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi garryjboyle

-In the Sound on Sound article you explained that you record drums live in your control room with the screens doors open and ambient mics in the big room. Was this how FOABP was recorded?

Exactly.

-My understanding is that In Absentia was recorded in Avatar Studio NY. How were the drums recorded?

That's correct. There were several pairs of Neumanns set up at different distances around the room - but a lot of what you hear on the record is the close sound. Some tracks have more ambiance than others - it was a mix decision depending on what was needed for each song.

Is this (mic list) current still? Was this the set up for FOABP (specifically the ambient set up)?

Yes, that's the most up to date one I use in my studio.

When you say close and distant are we talking just outside the booth and at the other end of your hall?

Yes, although I moved them depending on the sound I wanted for each track.

You use two mics on the Kick also. Is this a batter head and one inside? If not how is this set up?

The SM91 is inside and the Audix is just looking into the hole on the front head.

-And, just out of interest, in the SOS article you list the EV n/d 408’s as your choice tom mic over the Sennheiser 421’s as they don’t get in the way.

I thought that the 421's sounded better (especially in the lower 3 toms) so I switched to them. I still think they're a bit cumbersome - and would be hard work in a live situation like PT.

Hi goo-goo,

On the Robert Fripp solo part, did you re-record that part or was the solo recorded after your drum parts?

Robert's stuff was recorded after my drums, so he deserves any credit for interaction and atmosphere!!

Hi Pandrex.

can I ask what snare drum you were using that night?

It's my new Sonor SQ2 14x5 Birch 6 ply with round bearing edges. Did it sound OK?

cheers
Gavin
Old 11-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Someone mentioned this on the HOD forum, Backstagemusician.com did an interview with Gavin, and placed the video of it on it's website.
Thats a pretty damn cool interview. Nice to see that guy asking questions that weren't so "stock." Good job Gavin! cool to see who ya are.

GAVIN: do you enjoy interviews?

on a side note: I also just learned of this site. Pretty cool! Finding all sorts of neat things today. Interviews/sites now where is my pot of gold?

hee hee

Spaz-McG
Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 AM

yes gavin. I wasnt expecting it to have as much crack as it did though, but thats certaintly not a bad thing....

I really liked that sonor black steel (i think)snare you used way back on the arriving somewhere DVD. I recently just purchased a tama bubinga kit and I'm looking for a new snare, loads of these sonor ones seem really high quality.

Your toms sounded great, especially in the intro on anesthetize (or aunnies thighs lol). It was also cool to see you playing with such a small kick drum, why did decide to go with a smaller size out of interest?

Cheers Gavin
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Pandrex,
small bass drum?? I've always used a 22".

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-11-2007, 03:17 AM

Hey Gavin - been awhile and just taking a look through your forum. I am sure you have probably answered this - I didn't see it though - curious what heads you prefer and BD muffling. I am playiing a nice set of Slingerland maples and have had pinstripes on them for years, but as I will be replacing them soon I wanted to ask your thoughts. Also didn't see the response to what snare(s) you are playing. I have a '76 Black Beauty that I have been in love with since I bought it, a 3 1/2 x 14 Maple piccolo and a 12 x 7 1/2 Gretsch free floater that is really high. I think the allure of a late 40s Radio King still draws me and I did hear a really great sound out of a hammered brass Craviotto.

Looking forward to your response - Best, Charterman
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Pandrex,
small bass drum?? I've always used a 22".

Cheers
Gavin
oh lol, my mistake... it just looked really small from where i was, maybe because your toms are quite high above it, i dunno..

nice pearl rack you use, i have the same ;D . If only i could get my hands on some of the those cupchime things you made.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Senior Pro Drummer

Gavin ' I enjoy your playing //// just great ....
also the Sonor drum set ////
Butch Axsmith
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Hi garryjboyle

Exactly.

-My understanding is that In Absentia was recorded in Avatar Studio NY. How were the drums recorded?

That's correct. There were several pairs of Neumanns set up at different distances around the room - but a lot of what you hear on the record is the close sound. Some tracks have more ambiance than others - it was a mix decision depending on what was needed for each song.

Is this (mic list) current still? Was this the set up for FOABP (specifically the ambient set up)?

Yes, that's the most up to date one I use in my studio.

Yes, although I moved them depending on the sound I wanted for each track.

The SM91 is inside and the Audix is just looking into the hole on the front head.

-And, just out of interest, in the SOS article you list the EV n/d 408ís as your choice tom mic over the Sennheiser 421ís as they donít get in the way.

I thought that the 421's sounded better (especially in the lower 3 toms) so I switched to them. I still think they're a bit cumbersome - and would be hard work in a live situation like PT.
Many thanks Gavin,

So, again out of interest, what do you mic your kit up with in a live situation?

Where and how was the rest of FOABP recorded? The PT Wiki page lists a ton of studios - was most done at Steve Wilsons home studio?

Regards

Garry
Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 AM

Hey Gavin!!

I saw you play at The Forum on friday with Porcupine Tree and i was apsolutely blown away! The sound was incredible! I loved the use of your polyrhthms.

I was wondering do you play with a click track live?
Also which snare do you play? As i am looking to buy a new snare drum.
Thanks!!
James
Old 11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Charterman50,

curious what heads you prefer and BD muffling

I've been using Remo Coated Emperors on the tops of the toms for many years now. Clear Ambassadors on the bottoms. Remo coated CS on the top of the snare drum and Clear Remo Powerstroke 3 on the batter head of the bass drum. Inside the bass drum is a heavy cushion that touches both front and back heads.

Hi garryjboyle,

So, again out of interest, what do you mic your kit up with in a live situation?

Pretty similar to the studio setup except... just one Bass Drum mic (Shure SM91) inside the drum. EV 408's on all the toms, and Neumann KM84's for overheads and hi hats and ride cymbal.

Where and how was the rest of FOABP recorded? The PT Wiki page lists a ton of studios - was most done at Steve Wilsons home studio?

It was recorded all over the place. I think the guitars were recorded in Florida.

Hi DrummingJim,

I was wondering do you play with a click track live?
Also which snare do you play? As i am looking to buy a new snare drum.

Yes we play to a click for the songs that have a film so that it's all in sync. I'm using a Sonor SQ2 Birch 14x5 round bearing edge snare drum.

cheers
Gavin
Old 11-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Gavin -
I'm new to this board so I hope this isn't a duplicate question (looked for it, didn't find it but there are 49 friggin' pages here! haha)

I heard or read somewhere that you don't really consider yourself a "double-bass" player. Although you do, do a lot of it. Of course I'm impressed with your chops and I know a simple click track slow to fast is how you develop them. I'm more conserned about practicing technique.

What is your technique for playing double bass, and how would you suggest one to practice and develop it?

Thanks Gavin!
S-M
Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Hi Gavin,

Just curious, why the choice for Coated Emperors on the toms.

Is there a particular reason for using them compared to Clear Emperors?

Is it the warmer tone of the coated heads compared to the clears?

Are there situations where you would use other heads, like type of music or miked or not miked??

See ya in the Heineken Music Hall on December the 5th.

Dre
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Hi Gavin!

What are the cymbals that you use?
When is that PT come to Portugal?

You are an amazing drummer!
Kiarze.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Spazzy-McGee,

What is your technique for playing double bass, and how would you suggest one to practice and develop it?

The only things I really strive for on the double pedal is to have control and be accurate. It's easy to play a load of fast nonsense - but to play them REALLY in time and in sync with your hands (with no flams) is hard. I've played double since 1984 - and I'm still trying!!!
In terms of technique - I always play 'heel up' and play single strokes starting with the right foot. I don't work on speed - I'm not interested in playing 16ths really fast - I just try to use my imagination to see if I can find some interesting ways to play them inside grooves and fills.

Hi Drizzle,

Just curious, why the choice for Coated Emperors on the toms.
Is there a particular reason for using them compared to Clear Emperors?

I used to play Clear Emperors/Pinstripes and Clear Ambassadors but I really don't like the "plastic" tone they give. It's like a "U" shape on a graphic eq - lots of high frequencies and low frequencies but not much in the middle - and the coated heads just seemed like a more natural organic sound to me.
It's just my preference.

Are there situations where you would use other heads, like type of music or miked or not miked??

I never seemed to play in "un-miked" situations anymore - I'd probably play Coated Ambassadors in a low volume situation.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Hello Gavin.

Just a quick line to say thanks to you and the band for a great show at the Kentish Town Forum on Friday. It was more than worth the trip from Caerphilly. I was lucky enough to recently win two tickets to a PT "one-off acoustic show" from a well-known music TV channel, so hope that I will get to see you all for the third time, very shortly.

Congratulations also on the award for best album from Classic Rock magazine.

Can I ask about something on the page about you on wikipedia?

It states that in 2008 you will be joining King Crimson. Is this a permanent thing or the next project whilst PT have a (well-earned) break?

Could I also ask have you always been a Zildjian man? When I think of your cymbal set-up, perhaps not all of them would be what some would consider to be classic "rock" cymbals eg the k's, but it all seems to fit in so well with everything else. Is it a case of always having played these and letting them fit in or have you gone down the "horses for courses" route of using x cymbal for this and y for that?

Thanks, again,
Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Drop

Hi Gavin,
I've been listening to and enjoying 'Drop' quite a lot lately and I'm wondering what the time signature is in the beginning riff to 'Sailing'? Along with 'For Lack of' it's one of my favorites. Also, just out of curiosity, could you point out the tap guitar parts you play on the disc?
Thanks so much for taking the time.

Clint
Old 11-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the info Gavin!

At the moment im studying at the ACM in Guildford. Ive seen some really good masterclasses there from Thomas Lang, and Chad Smith. Have you been there?

I no you are on a busy tour schedule at the moment, but i was wondering if you where planning on visiting to do a masterclass in the future?? This would be amazing!!

You are often a big talking point in our drum classes!!

I hope you had a good gig tonight!

cheers!!
Jim
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi gapwedge,

Can I ask about something on the page about you on wikipedia?
It states that in 2008 you will be joining King Crimson

I don't know about that. Unfortunately it seems anyone can edit your Wikipedia page and add whatever they want. I don't know who wrote that there or where they got that info.

Could I also ask have you always been a Zildjian man?

I've been playing Zildjians since 1986 - and I've never had a problem mixing and matching their different cymbal types. They're just musical cymbals.

Hi Clint Hopkins,

I've been listening to and enjoying 'Drop' quite a lot lately and I'm wondering what the time signature is in the beginning riff to 'Sailing'?

It's in 9/8.

could you point out the tap guitar parts you play on the disc?

I can't really remember - I'll have to listen through it and take notes.

HI DrummingJim,

I've never been to ACM or been invited to make a masterclass there as far as I can remember...but I've heard it's a very good place.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 AM

Hello Gavin.
Having come over from Iceland specifically to see you and PT in Oslo this summer and in Kentish Town last week, I just thought I'd drop in a line to say that both shows were absolutely stunning (technical glitches in Oslo notwithstanding). I've been listening to PT for a couple of years now and following up on a lot of your side projects as well. Just what can be said about "Drop"? In my humble opinion, your drumming simply defies description; I must confess I've never heard anything like it. And you seemed on fire at the Forum! This is just to say thanks for the music, the inspiration and the time you devote to your trusted fans!
Cheers!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Default New kit pictures?!

Hey Gavin -

I remember seeing pictures of your new kit somewhere recently but can't seem to find them again ... can you point me to them?

Thanks much!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: New kit pictures?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
Hey Gavin -

I remember seeing pictures of your new kit somewhere recently but can't seem to find them again ... can you point me to them?

Thanks much!
Post #866 of this thread. ;)
Old 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: New kit pictures?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brownstone View Post
Post #866 of this thread. ;)
Thanks much ... I scanned pages and pages looking and just missed it I guess... We're gonna need a special index for this thread :-)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Dealing with time perceptions

Hi Mr. Harrison,
sometimes, I say most of the times, I get to play with people that have a different time perception. I tend then to play behind the beat while they tend to play ahead of it.
These are three songs that I played recently on some demos:

Kingdom of desire (Toto)
#41 (Dave Matthews band)
Somebody like you (Keith Urban)

Listening to those clips I feel I play much behind the beat, the songs never lift up, the engine never starts.
What can I master to deal with these situations?

Cheers from Italy (Rome).
Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Hi Gavin !

Looking forward to the 5 december show in Amsterdam. You might know that its Sinterklaas avond in Holland so if you have some time off that day, I recommend going into town and get some speculaas, kruidnootjes and chocolade letters. They taste teriffic!

Also, are you familiar with these microphones:

http://www.naiant.com/studiostore/microphones.html

They are highly recommended and extremely cheap (and they have a special model for stuff like toms which are more corner moulded). I was wondering if you ever used them (couldn't find them in any of your microphone lists) and what you think about them (especially tonewise).

See you the 5th !
Cheers, Santi