for anyone in their 30s who loved rock in the 90s.......

to be inspired by something is to be influenced by it

who are these bands that sounded like Quicksand?

and where is their significant influential status today ?

there were no west coast bands that had the east coast sound that spawned out of east coast hard core ....such as Quicksand , Helmet , and Clutch....they created that sound

nothing out of Seattle sounded like any of those bands ,......not even close

and west coast bands like Far, and Deftones took it directly from Quicksand ....they openly admit that
You're kidding, right? I'm out.

Gvdadrumasm does speak the truth. A band that never realized its true potential of its own but left an indelible mark for many a now successful band to realize. In the 90's I was in a band that had a record contract with Warner Bros. I did extensive touring and met and played with many of the 90's finest. Quicksand would always come up in conversation with not only other bands but many industry insiders. A truly respected band. Since I mentioned my old band I'll try and post a link. Although, in this case genre is of similar nature.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEBAwmg5X8

Gvdadrumasm does speak the truth. A band that never realized its true potential of its own but left an indelible mark for many a now successful band to realize. In the 90's I was in a band that had a record contract with Warner Bros. I did extensive touring and met and played with many of the 90's finest. Quicksand would always come up in conversation with not only other bands but many industry insiders. A truly respected band. Since I mentioned my old band I'll try and post a link. Although, in this case genre is of similar nature.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEBAwmg5X8

you speak the truth my friend

Well,50yo but Slip was and still is a big favourite of mine.
Quicksand imploded over the "conflicting musical ideas" situation as I recall,they must have sorted it out eh,took a while though!
Another excellent East Coast mob from back then was Bitch Magnet.

Well,50yo but Slip was and still is a big favourite of mine.
Quicksand imploded over the "conflicting musical ideas" situation as I recall,they must have sorted it out eh,took a while though!
Another excellent East Coast mob from back then was Bitch Magnet.

Ben Hur was a pretty awesome record by Bitch Magnet

I havent heard it in probably 18 years but I remember loving it

they were a good band....they fell in that Helmet, Quicksand, Clutch, Prong, Handsome, Only Living Witness, Corrosion Of Conformity ....type category

I'll definitely have to check these guys out. I'm 29 and grew up listening to all the grunge stuff from the era (PJ, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, etc etc), but missed out on some of the more obscure stuff.

I recently have been completely in love with "Pony Express Record" by Shudder To Think and "Betty" by Helmet, and have been digging for more of the good stuff I never got when I was younger. Thanks for sharing!

Ben Hur was a pretty awesome record by Bitch Magnet

I havent heard it in probably 18 years but I remember loving it

they were a good band....they fell in that Helmet, Quicksand, Clutch, Prong, Handsome, Only Living Witness, Corrosion Of Conformity ....type category

Indeed,Ben Hur, Umber and Star Booty...all excellent albums.
Ben Hur was brilliant.
I read recently that Bitch Magnet are re-releasing all 3 albums,possibly on vinyl (?) and they are all worth having.

Another band from back then also are the Aussie trio, The Mark of Cain.
They had a few drummers over the years but a standout was the high crashing blaster from Helmet,Tomahawk and now Battles,John Stanier.Excellent live,these guys.
Not really like the Quicksand style but still riff heavy groovers banging out good stuff with their "geetars slung low".Check em' out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvA6xfyWdVg

Indeed,Ben Hur, Umber and Star Booty...all excellent albums.
Ben Hur was brilliant.
I read recently that Bitch Magnet are re-releasing all 3 albums,possibly on vinyl (?) and they are all worth having.

Another band from back then also are the Aussie trio, The Mark of Cain.
They had a few drummers over the years but a standout was the high crashing blaster from Helmet,Tomahawk and now Battles,John Stanier.Excellent live,these guys.
Not really like the Quicksand style but still riff heavy groovers banging out good stuff with their "geetars slung low".Check em' out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvA6xfyWdVg

Wow. That sounds a lot like pre-Meantime Helmet (Strap It On / Born Annoying). Good stuff. I'll have to check out Bitch Magnet, never heard of them before now.

Back