double pedal to double bass

lordmetalz28

hello all
new here this is my first post. im going to be buying the exact same kick drum to add on to my kit because i want to start using 2 actual kick drums. ive been using a double pedal for 8 years now self taught playing the styles of lars ulrich,vinnie paul and dave lombardo. i wanted to know if the transition is hard. or if its more acurate and easier to play. also is all the hype about axis pedals actually true. or would i be ok using a set of dw 9000 . currently am using tama iron cobras against evans emad heads

It should feel better, more confortable.
You should be fine.

Yeah, I agree with Tama, it will feel better and it should be pretty easy.
And yes, the hype about Axis is all true. I own the Classic Black AL-2 Longboards, and it is amazing.

Plus...nice inspirations! Same a mine.

thanks guys. appreciate the info
has anyone heard death magnetic yet.. there backkk

It's LOADS better than St. Anger, such a relief. Although, it still doesn't come anywhere close to the 80's stuff.

On to kick drums. Yes you should go for a double kick, as long as you get a new hi-hat stand to get the hats closer to you (something with no legs, that clamps on to your bass). You might also want to get a pedal that can convert from a double to two singles. I know the Trick Pro 1-V does, as well as Yamaha's high end pedal (they changed the name?).

Not sure about the axis though, it looks to me like they do, but I'm not sure.

...if the transition is hard. or if its more acurate and easier to play.
you will probably have no problem making the jump. I went "the other way", played 2 kicks for 15 years, went to double pedal once they got the "bugs" sorted out.
also is all the hype about axis pedals actually true. or would i be ok using a set of dw 9000 . currently am using tama iron cobras against evans emad heads
Try 'em and see if you like 'em. First time I saw and played the Axis was some 15+ years ago. I keep checking them out, but I still haven't taken one home yet. I have 2 Yamaha FDDD single pedals and an Off-Set Center pedal http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/hrconway/134-3415_IMG.jpg for my double pedal needs.

it IS different the swtich -
first time i tried it i was shocked
i had to much more for speed than even sound (in a band practise) when suddenly presented with two kicks-
this could have been down to lack of equal tuning and using two very different pedals with which to play-
but either way it's an improved feeling you'll soon adapt. the only right way says me

Back