DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:34 PM

Default Yamaha Stage Custom - PARTS

This winter I purchased my first drum kit off Craigslist. They are Yamaha Stage Customs (1998 vintage Indonesia).

I didn't know how to inspect drums or hardware at that point.

During my restoration process I found numerous missing parts like washers, wing bolts, drum key bolts, a wrong drum spur leg, etc. and some broken parts like cracked position clamps on the rack tom.

I've looked on Amazon, Ebay, and dare I say the Yamaha $$$ parts dept $$$.

For those of you with Yamaha Stage Custom drums, have you found a go to source for your parts other than the ones I mentioned above?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Yamaha Stage Custom - PARTS

I bought a used Yammy Stage Custom last year and had to replace a Nouveau lug that went missing. I just used Reverb. It was about what I would expect to pay.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

I purchased a Stage Custom kit from Guitar Center a couple of years ago. They wanted $400. I offered them $350 and they pay the sales tax.
There are currently a couple of used kits available at GC for $300. And you might find used Stage Custom kits for less on Craigslist.

The individual parts you seek could get expensive when buying new parts. I know this sounds crazy, but you would probably save money by buying a second kit.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Jim View Post
I purchased a Stage Custom kit from Guitar Center a couple of years ago. They wanted $400. I offered them $350 and they pay the sales tax.
There are currently a couple of used kits available at GC for $300. And you might find used Stage Custom kits for less on Craigslist.

The individual parts you seek could get expensive when buying new parts. I know this sounds crazy, but you would probably save money by buying a second kit.
Interesting idea Jim. Good example of thinking outside the box. Did you buy it for parts or to play?

Also, nice job on the purchase. Didn't know GC would negotiate like that.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Interesting idea Jim. Good example of thinking outside the box. Did you buy it for parts or to play?

Also, nice job on the purchase. Didn't know GC would negotiate like that.
Yes I play that kit at gigs all the time. It was built around 2001. Great kit! And it had all of the parts in great condition.
GC Managers will negotiate especially if the equipment has been in the store a long time.