JON BERMUDA: NEW Administrator with Drummerworld.

Hope Dog has schooled you on the finer points of wielding the ban hammer.

Those who know me as a mod on Drumsmith for the last 10 years know that I have no problem warning and banning someone if they're deliberately and repeatedly disruptive. But I typically ran that by Ronn Dunnett before doing so, and will do the same here unless the infraction is egregious.

Bermuda

...and there was much rejoicing! Congrats, Jon! Glad to have you here anyways, but this is icing on the cake!
That pretty much sums it up for me Caddy. Congratulations Jon!

But wait Andy, now you'll have to find nice things to say about concert toms! Ah well, I've managed to sidestep Bernhard's "don't bash Ringo" rule to date, so I'm sure I can handle the stress :)

Jon, do you have a coast near you? ;)

Those who know me as a mod on Drumsmith for the last 10 years know that I have no problem warning and banning someone if they're deliberately and repeatedly disruptive. But I typically ran that by Ronn Dunnett before doing so, and will do the same here unless the infraction is egregious.

Bermuda

Good! Some of the posters have made it so I'm just reluctant to post anything as to not get yet one more battle over the same topic started.

Perhaps there needs to be a Venting board where people can have it out with each other.

Also - I saw your update on Cymbaholics recently... The number of cymbals you have... Wow.....

In accordance with the Rules of Our Universe, well at least this forum, and by the powers semi-invested in me, I do hereby proclaim this Jon Bermuda Schwartz day and present Jon with a key to the forum. Sorry a slight depostit is required. Congrats on your new appointment. Long live the forum. Hip Hip Hooray

A natural choice. Congrats!

Bermuda

e·gre·gious (-grjs, -j-s)
adj.
Conspicuously bad or offensive. See Synonyms at flagrant.

Now there's no excuses.

congrats bermuda, hard to believe you are flooded with that many complaints already? I guess good luck is in order as well : )

congrats bermuda, hard to believe you are flooded with that many complaints already?

Well, consider that there are over 43,000 registered members, with 20-30 new members signing up daily. That's a lot of people! Sure not everyone posts regularly, and there really aren't that many posts to report. But when something does stick out, several people will report it. So if I get 9 or 10 notifications, they'll likely pertain to just one or two posts. That's not too bad, given the amount of people who participate or lurk on a daily basis.

Bermuda

Onya Jo ... er, Sir. Next time I'll shout the palak paneer, Mr Moderator :)

How many pies you do you have your fingers in these days? ... Al, your various other bands, fill ins, clinics, websites, sponsorships, now DW ... you're everywhere!

Last edited:

Bermuda

Glad to hear this. Thanks for your time.

GJS

Well, consider that there are over 43,000 registered members, with 20-30 new members signing up daily. That's a lot of people! Sure not everyone posts regularly, and there really aren't that many posts to report. But when something does stick out, several people will report it. So if I get 9 or 10 notifications, they'll likely pertain to just one or two posts. That's not too bad, given the amount of people who participate or lurk on a daily basis.

Bermuda

The (non-music related) site I moderate has over 85,000 members and 10 times the daily traffic as here. I always think of this place as the relaxed, laid back msg board I go to to escape the drama. LOL.

Back