My New(ish) C&C Kit!!

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
So today I picked up my new (to me) C&C kit!! It's a custom maple kit (from around 2006-2007 I think) with a turquoise sparkle w/ white sparkle stripe wrap. Sizes are
24x16" Bass drum
14x6.5" Snare
13x9" Tom
16x14" Floor Tom

I absolutely LOVE the sound of this kit (never owned a maple kit before) and the sizes offer a nice contrast to my Warlord Masai Kit.

Buying this kit was a neat experence for me as it was previously owned by my drum instructor. I had ample opportunity to play them as well as mess around with the tuning not to mention hear him play them, giving me an opportunity to listen to the it from somewhere other than behind the kit. With this kit I actually bought it off of how it sounded, not how it looked (I realize the finish isn't for everyone but I love it!) and not because a favourite drummer plays this brand. So when he asked me if I wanted to buy it, it was a no brainer!! He also threw in cases for it too!!

I eventually would like to pick up a matching 18" floor tom, and I've already ordered parts to mount my ride cymbal off the bass drum via a Ludwig Atlas mount. I'd lalso like to switch my hardware to the "Classic" Ludwig stuff too!

Pictures will be up on Thursday!! Sorry to be a tease. ;)

-Jonathan

Last edited:
Wonderful, thanks Andy!

Last year I joined a new band due to my old one (Pass of Era) dis-banding. We've finished recording our 3 song demo/EP and are planning our full length album as we sepak:)

I've been checking up on you're various Guru threads, even though I haven't posted anything. Glad to see you're keeping busy! How's the band going, my friend?

-Jonathan

...also since there's 140 views a teaser is in order...

1457755_10202502877598197_1070005900_n.jpg

Wonderful, thanks Andy!

Last year I joined a new band due to my old one (Pass of Era) dis-banding. We've finished recording our 3 song demo/EP and are planning our full length album as we sepak:)

I've been checking up on you're various Guru threads, even though I haven't posted anything. Glad to see you're keeping busy! How's the band going, my friend?

-Jonathan

...also since there's 140 views a teaser is in order...

1457755_10202502877598197_1070005900_n.jpg
Great to hear of your progress Jonathan. I've always been a fan of your playing. haven't seen/heard enough of it lately :(

Edit: Just listened to your Soundcloud stuff. Holy crap you make a great rhythm section!!!!!!!

As for me - well, busy as hell - as usual ;)

Ahhhh pics. Taken with my iPhone for now, but hopefully I'll find my camera and get some slightly better ones up!!! Like I said the finish isn't for everyone, but I love em!!

Cymbals on the kit right now:
-13" K Hats
-20" Oriental Crash of Doom
-22" Vintage A Ride (somewhere between thin and medium-thin weight)
-21" A Sweet Ride with a custom sizzler chain used as a crash

Also included, my extra cymbals and familly portrait.

Let me know what you guys think!

-Jonathan

Attachments

• IMG_0897 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0897 (768x1024).jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0901 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0901 (768x1024).jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_0877 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0877 (768x1024).jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0892 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0892 (1024x768).jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_0906 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0906 (768x1024).jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 548
Loving the wobbly edged "crash of doom"!

I like the finish. It's absolutely not me, but perhaps that's why I like it :)

If you're mounting that tom off a snare stand, take the RIMS mount off it. It's just extra mass hanging off the drum, & it will adversely affect the sound.

Loving the wobbly edged "crash of doom"!

I like the finish. It's absolutely not me, but perhaps that's why I like it :)

If you're mounting that tom off a snare stand, take the RIMS mount off it. It's just extra mass hanging off the drum, & it will adversely affect the sound.

Thanks for the love! I would remove it but when I take it to my practice space (I've been bringing it home every night after practice because I can't bare the thought of it sitting somewhere else not being played!) I mount it off a tom arm. I'm rather lazy when it comes to setting up at shows and so I have my set up so that I only use two stands or a third if I use my SPD-SX.

Could use an In-Tense snare though... perhaps once I've payed this kit off and picked up another floor tom. :D

-Jonathan

Really nice looking kit-(s) haha. The sound samples I hear online always sound phenomenal from the C&C kits but I have not seen anyone locally playing one unfortunately.

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys!

Also, I took a few pics of my warlord kit while I was at it. They can be found on my old thread here.

-Jonathan

Whoah, big color difference from your Tamas!
Yes, I certainly thought so! I think that might be part of what drew me towards them. Not neccessarily the colour but how different they are to my Tamas. Lighter wood, a sparkly wrap, bigger sizes etc.

Tonight's my first show with the new kit, and needless to say I'm excited! I spent an hour yesterday swapping out newer heads/tuning her up, so let's hope for the best! Wish me luck!

-Jonathan

Back