Just got endorsed!

seanlame

By a local company called Casey Drums, based out of Abbotsford, BC. These drums are niiiiiiiiiiice.

I recently played a gig on a loaner (my kit hasn't been built yet..)

This is the kit, so nice!!
The drums are so warm and the tone is just beautiful

10864_173577416595_103449256595_3443151_1190879_n.jpg

5849_103460411595_103449256595_2609831_5303601_n.jpg

5849_103460426595_103449256595_2609833_4468903_n.jpg

Funny, a number of people have asked that question, but no, he has nothing to do with it. The guy who is building these drums applied many times at Ayotte...maybe they should have hired him?? Haha.

Last I checked, Ayotte hasn't really been doing much these days...

Okay thanks :}

Wonder if Ray Ayotte has any part in this latest drum making venture {?}

Ayotte's are fantastic. By far my favorite kit I've ever put my hands on. I was working in Rattle and Drumfor work experience and had to put together a 6 pc (no snare) kit in natural maple finish from the box. It was horrible. I kept thinking I was at home putting together my new kit. They're still selling the kit in the store for £2000 sterling because there is a slight scratch on the bass drum from the shipment which is barely noticeable. I hate being 15 without extremely rich parents!

Last edited:
Funny, a number of people have asked that question, but no, he has nothing to do with it. The guy who is building these drums applied many times at Ayotte...maybe they should have hired him?? Haha.

Last I checked, Ayotte hasn't really been doing much these days...

I know that's why I was asking.....:}

All the best with the endorsement and nice drums Sean!

Nice looking drums. Are you a touring drummer, and if so can this company support you on the road? Will you have kits waiting for you in the cities you will visit? (Something that is vital)

Last edited:
I rarely tour, and when I do, I use the same kit for the whole tour. I don't really like idea of a different kit in every city, I feel like I would need more time to get used to each kit, even if they were the same specs.
Plus, my gigs aren't quite on that scale where I would be flying out to different cities for large one-off gigs

Sean,

Nice drums. Can you post a close-up photo of the tom mount being used? It looks like a non-RIMS system.

Also, do you have any sound files?

Again, nice kit.

Nice looking drums. Are you a touring drummer, and if so can this company support you on the road? Will you have kits waiting for you in the cities you will visit? (Something that is vital)

I don't think that is that vital. Even the biggest companies can only swing this stuff for the biggest artists, and even then probably only if it's something like a t.v. appearance or a huge gig. Especially if it's a custom company they are not going to have a bunch of kits waiting around to be sent out for gigs for nothing more than the exposure.

I will say this though alot of the smaller custom builders do have really great service and help their artists out. I know C&C customs sent a kit out to one of their artists when their bands trailer got stolen and they lost all their gear, I don't remember what band though...

I end up playing on rented kits a few times a year, and you take what you get. Most of the time if your in a big city like l.a., n.y., nashville, etc. you get really good gear. Even in houston I get really nice kits, but most of the time you get whatever brand they have. 90% of the time it is either a dw or a yamaha custom kit.

I rarely tour, and when I do, I use the same kit for the whole tour. I don't really like idea of a different kit in every city, I feel like I would need more time to get used to each kit, even if they were the same specs.
Plus, my gigs aren't quite on that scale where I would be flying out to different cities for large one-off gigs

Congratulations Sean! Those look great. Which band do you play with?

Kits waiting in the cities? Wow, what an approach....lol

..and: the tom mounts showed at the website frontpage seems to me to be DW..

Bernhard

Just checked out your band on myspace and you guys are good and I loved your drumming. Really nice looking set btw.

Back