DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ever have a drumming dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
I regularly have dreams I'm watching Bonham play up close, or where I am Bonham, or where I'm myself playing with Zeppelin, or I'm at home playing my kit and I'm only ever playing Zeppelin or Bonham licks.

I really, really love Bonham and play along to Zeppelin more than any other group, so there you go.
You mentioned that one where things got hot and heavy with Robert Plant in another thread, so this tracks. What's with all the Zepp dreams?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Ever have a drumming dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Funny that you bring this up. Just yesterday I started reading a book on how a lot of great music was written as the result of a dream.

The book I'm reading purports that some of the greatest songs were "downloaded" to musicians in their sleep. Many many musician' accounts state that they didn't write the song, they "uncovered" it, like an architect. All of these accounts claim that the song wrote itself in a very short period of time as well.
Paul McCartney said that he woke up one morning only to find "Yesterday" in his head. Apparently he just sat at the piano and it just played itself, as though already finished. Apparently it just came so naturally to him that his reaction was "this is someone else's song and I must have heard it before". He had to play the tune for several people before he was convinced that it wasn't an already existing song but his own original instead!