Eric Singer

scarlit

Silver Member
Saw him with KISS a couple of years ago, and with Alice Cooper last month. I was impressed. Very solid player and a great showman also.

I'm a huge fan myself. Seamless and technical style with plenty of power. I've met him a few times and he's very personable with his fans.

Met him twice and he was very nice and friendly. Saw him with Brian May and he rocked big time. Always liked his playing.

About him looking like he's being paid to play in Kiss... well to me that's exactly that. He was not exactly treated nicely when the reunion happened. So I guess it's paycheck time for him and if this is what it is I cannot completely blame him.

As far as heart and soul is concerned, I agree that Eric Carr was the man ! Saw him in 1984 and his energy was contagious.

von_krumm_drummer said:
i think eric singer is a really good drummer. he is deffinatly better than peter criss (no offence peter u rule) he did a kick ass solo at the alice cooper concert in perth in australia. he also has sexy hair lol

Gene Simmons said of Eric Carr: He was a much better singer and drummer than Peter Criss. Eric Carr really rocked, and Singer carried the torch as well.

My favorite Kiss drummer out of the three was definately Eric Carr. Listen to "Creatures
of the Night", that is such a killer album! I'm not knocking Peter Criss either, he played on all the great classics (my favorite is "She" off the Dressed to Kill album...love that intro).

I do have to say I was impressed when I first listened to the Revenge album (Eric Singer's
first album w/Kiss). And I also saw them on that tour and Eric blew me away. He's definately a "showman" drummer, but he's good.

Hmmm...what if Anton Fig became a member after his contributions on the Dynasty and entire Unmasked album...what do you think he would've been characterised as? LOL.

I think he's a solid drummer but not the best that KISS ever had. He was quite nice when I met him at the NAMM show years ago so that's a plus.

I agree with many that Eric Carr was the best drummer that KISS had. He had better technique than people think and aside from being so powerful he was also the most musical. He played drums, guitar, bass, piano and could probably sing better than anyone that has ever been in KISS (why do you think Paul Stanley kept him away from the lead mic for so long) and you could hear that complete musical background in his playing. If you can get a hold of live videos from the 80's he put such a different light and drive into the classic songs. Plus, he had such a great sound.

To me, Singer's sound is too thin and his style is too much like the typical rock drummer. When I heard KISS in the 90's they sounded like a tribute band with either Gene or Paul sitting in. Carr and Peter Criss had their own style as did Anton Fig when he played on "Dynasty" and "Unmasked."

he looks quite a good drummer, his vid on this website looks good and sounds cool

singer is a awesome drummer no doubt. (carr defidently seemed like he enjoyed it yes but i dont think he is as good as either fig singer or criss.. sry. :) ) . he does some "cool" things with his drum sticks on the track war maschine on a kiss live dvd.. never heard a solo from him but would love too.. Anton figs drumming on dynasty and unmasked is simply awesome.!! especially the last 20 secunds on x ray eyes.. to bad it wasnt peter :( it was dynasty which got me hooked on kiss..

infernal drummer said:
singer is a awesome drummer no doubt. (carr defidently seemed like he enjoyed it yes but i dont think he is as good as either fig singer or criss.. sry. :) )

Eric Carr is far superior to Peter Criss, no arguing that.

I'm eagerly awaiting some more projects from Singer and co. I've seen him live a few times and got to meet him at conventions. He is a very technical drummer and I could see how some people say he's just going through the motions.

Alice is playing Sturgis this year so hopefully I get to check him out there!!

T.Underhill said:
Eric Carr is far superior to Peter Criss, no arguing that.!

i disagree ... none of the old songs/pre 80's which carr has played live has impressed me.. neither has the other songs .. but he isnt bad.. far from it.

does anyone know if singer has played the alice copper song "i love the dead" (i think it is called that)... ?

infernal drummer said:
singer is a awesome drummer no doubt. (carr defidently seemed like he enjoyed it yes but i dont think he is as good as either fig singer or criss.. sry. :) ) . he does some "cool" things with his drum sticks on the track war maschine on a kiss live dvd.. never heard a solo from him but would love too.. Anton figs drumming on dynasty and unmasked is simply awesome.!! especially the last 20 secunds on x ray eyes.. to bad it wasnt peter :( it was dynasty which got me hooked on kiss..
You said it!!!!War Machine on Rock the Nation DVD,is great!!I can watch Eric over and over again,he makes it look so easy..
I think Eric's amazing..He is definatley one of the reasons i keep on drummin',in the hope that maybe,just maybe,i'll be almost as good as him.....one day(fingers crossed)

infernal drummer said:
i disagree ... none of the old songs/pre 80's which carr has played live has impressed me.. neither has the other songs .. but he isnt bad.. far from it.

does anyone know if singer has played the alice copper song "i love the dead" (i think it is called that)... ?
Yes he has..He played it on Alices 'Brutaly Live'DVD..

T.Underhill said:
I'm eagerly awaiting some more projects from Singer and co.
Ronnie Montrose has a new CD soon to be released called:
Ronnie Montrose and Friends 10 x 10. Eric Singer is the drummer and Ricky Phillips plays bass. Ronnie's 10 friends include Sammy Hager, Bruce Turgon(Forigner), Mark Farner(Grand FunkRailroad)Edger Winter, Gregg Rolie(Journey), Eric Martin(Mr.Big), Tommy Shaw(Styx) and Peter Frampton.
Cheers!

I never realized that Eric Carr died on the same day as Queen's singer Freddie Mercury.

I saw that while reading Wikipedia.

Also Eric said that "Detroit rock city" was the hardest for him to learn because he was so rooted into double kick drumming.

Also as a tribute, his only drum solo appears on the "Revenge" album.

I like Singer's work both with Kiss and outside of Kiss.

Back