Interviews From the Guitar Field

paradiddler

Hey drummers.

Although this is the 'Off Topic Lounge', guitars are an integral part of the type of music drummers play. To that end, I want to include here a couple of interviews that I conducted that not only help us appreciate the value of our guitar brethren, but also show how to sound like the pros, without the pro price tag.

The first interview is with a guitar enthusiast and collector who owns almost 30 guitars. He talks about how he gets away with obtaining so many, and how important the drummer is for his play:

Interview - Guitar Enthusiast Chris Alvarado

There are lots of pictures, and some of his 'collector' wisdom can be transferred to our favorite instrument (the drums, of course!).

The second interview is with a guitar luthier, but no ordinary one - he created one of Bo Diddley's rectangular guitars, among other very famous guitars. Hear his story in this interview:

Interview - Guitar Luthier Mitchel Weissman

He's very knowledgeable regarding not only guitar-making, but music in general. He even espouses on how similar guitars are to drums (somewhat of a revelation to me), among many other gems of information.

My hope is that these interviews inspire us even more to involve ourselves in many aspects of music, and to see that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to sound like a pro.

I hope you enjoy them, and let us know what you think!

Back