Drum Pad to Trigger a Sound Clip

CodeTron

hey im new to the whole electronic side of drums, but have been playing drums for almost 20 years now.

anyways my band is looking to play a sample/sound clip (NOT DRUM SOUNDS) possibly even like a 3 minute long sound clip that i could turn on and off by possibly hooking up an electronic drum pad to something. i assume i would use MIDI somehow?

i went and got a roland SP404 used, but im not sure how to hook that up to a drum pad. i got that so that i could at least use custom sounds, but pushing a tiny button while trying to finish a song and start a sample could be kinda hard.

looking to keep it as cheap as possible. there must be an easy way to do this.

. there must be an easy way to do this.

LOL, you would think so. For a simple sample you can probably record it into your drum module as a song, then (if you have a spare pad/input) set it to "trigger" that song.

I was able to accomplish that but, on my TD 6, the pads are set to trigger certain "songs" (sample phrases) and have to be reprogramed for a different "song"

I'm on the same quest. I'm going to use a separate drum module and pads (I have some spares) to trigger a sampler via MIDI.

Back