My New Pork Pie Hip Pig Kit

sparks127

I would've named this thread, "Finally bought a kit after insane debating" but it was already taken. :)
It has been a tough choice to say the least but I finally decided on this kit in the "Rock" config (22 x 14" kick - 13 x 9" mounted tom -16 x 16" floor tom).
The toms have great tone and resonance. This is the first time I haven't muffled the bass drum with anything inside. I've been working around with tuning and have come across a wide range of sound with it. I had previously picked up a Ludwig Supralite 13x6 snare. Pretty happy with everything. Let me add that Bill at Pork Pie Percussion saved me a great deal of agony with the buying/shipping process. Bill directed me to Dana at Bentley's Drum Shop where he had just shipped a couple of these kits to. This saved me three months, easy. Thanks Bill.
Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.JPG
    IMG_3036.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 1,616
  • IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 2,177
  • IMG_3041.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 2,183
  • IMG_3044.JPG
    IMG_3044.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 1,555
A kit I'd like to play. It looks really good. I see Pork Pie snares around here, but never kits.

Kind of curious too, about how you like that size Supralite. I'm seriously considering one.

A kit I'd like to play. It looks really good. I see Pork Pie snares around here, but never kits.

Kind of curious too, about how you like that size Supralite. I'm seriously considering one.

I love the sound of it. They had it as the snare on a Signet kit at my local GC, set up to play. I liked it so much I bought it on the spot.

Whoa, congrats on the new kit! I would also like to play that kit.

what the shell construction? Maple?

Beautiful and congrats! I think your bass drum spurs on are the wrong sides, but whatever. I'm sure it works just fine like that!

Whoa, congrats on the new kit! I would also like to play that kit.

what the shell construction? Maple?

Thanks. It's an Asian hardwood, Nyatoh.

Beautiful and congrats! I think your bass drum spurs on are the wrong sides, but whatever. I'm sure it works just fine like that!

Ha... you know what? You're right. I had been messing around with them. I just switched back. Thanks for the catch.

That's a nice looking kit. I'm not a fan of the centered lugs and the long tension rods but the sizes are perfect. Good rock kit. Congratulations.

Nice!

If I were to ever "downgrade" to something at this point, it'd probably be a Pork Pie. Such gorgeous looking kits that sound great, too!

Congrats ! Fortunately I own the first Hip Pig , but i got the smaller version.

Its a great set , I wouldnt consider that this would be a Downgrade no matter any other kit you have , but everyone has their differebt opinions.

My only suggestion is for you to fix the Spurs , they are backwards in the picture. Probably you like them like that but from here it looks like you need to switch them.

Enjoy your new kit :)

Updated pics below.
-----------------

Attachments

• P3050491.JPG
    P3050491.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,809
  • P3050494.JPG
    P3050494.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 2,726
That is beautiful! Congratulations, and yes, Bill is a very cool guy, very helpful!

Enjoy it!

Bill is one of, if not THE best in the business! Great kit!

Back