Finally created a website for my drumming

That looks nice! Clean and professional!

Looks Fantastic, Ed! Those Gretsch’s are beautiful. Very professional, and good photography aswell.

On an unrelated note, how do you like your Avedis 22”? I’m looking for an 18” or a 20” crash/ride to go with my 22” K Light Ride, and the Avedis look like a nice option.

OldReliable

Awesome site! The website the drumming and the drum/cymbal setup all somewhat more professional than my own to say the least! (Do check it out though! - www.changfan.site) Your video link I couldn't access though - I guess it might be through youtube? (YT Blocked here in China).

Thanks guys! Sorry for the late reply, I just now saw that my post got some responses.

Looks Fantastic, Ed! Those Gretsch’s are beautiful. Very professional, and good photography aswell.

Thanks so much. The main shot on my site is something I took on my iPhone just before a recent gig, and it turned out so well, it inspired me to build my website around it. I think I got lucky in that the lighting was perfect. And I had recently replaced the front bass head with the fiberskyn you see here. It used to be an ebony PS3, but this looks way classier.

On an unrelated note, how do you like your Avedis 22”? I’m looking for an 18” or a 20” crash/ride to go with my 22” K Light Ride, and the Avedis look like a nice option.

Love it! I had been looking for a new main ride for a very long time, and this one really fits the bill. It has the perfect balance of 'tah' and 'ping', with just a little bit of brightness and very warm undertones. I played on a 19" in the store that sounded fantastic, that may be something to consider to pair up with your 22" K Light. If you want it to be more of a crash, I'd probably go with the 19". If you want it to be more of a ride, then maybe the 20". But either would probably work great.

Awesome site! The website the drumming and the drum/cymbal setup all somewhat more professional than my own to say the least! (Do check it out though! - www.changfan.site) Your video link I couldn't access though - I guess it might be through youtube? (YT Blocked here in China).

Thanks Chang! I don't have any video links, those are all audio only. The songs are all hosted at SoundCloud.com/edviadrums, if you want to check them out (that is, as long as SoundCloud isn't banned in China). It's funny, I just got back from Shanghai last Wednesday, but I didn't think to test my site over there to see if everything worked properly. I suppose it might not.

Anyway, I did look at your site. Clearly you really like Chang cymbals! I've never had the chance to check them out, as I don't think they really have a presence in the US. But I recently watched a YouTube video of some Chang low volume cymbals, and they seemed to sound a little more musical than my Zildjian L80s, which I have on my little apartment kit. Do you have any experience with those?

Last edited:
Thanks, TK421! Funny enough, I just played a 19” A Avedis at a drum shop and I really liked it. Originally I was looking for something like a Kerope, but in person the 18” Kerope didn’t seem to have enough cut compared to the Avedis. The Avedis seems to have a nice blend of bright and dark.

Thanks, TK421! Funny enough, I just played a 19” A Avedis at a drum shop and I really liked it. Originally I was looking for something like a Kerope, but in person the 18” Kerope didn’t seem to have enough cut compared to the Avedis. The Avedis seems to have a nice blend of bright and dark.

Totally agreed! That's what I love about my Avedis. It's the perfect blend of bright and dark. I generally don't even like bright cymbals, but in this case the touch of brightness with warm undertones works brilliantly. I'm very picky with cymbals -- especially when it comes to rides -- and I can unequivocally say that my 22" Avedis is the best ride I've ever owned.

Back