Cymbals case

hey guys, i need your help.
i want to know quite few things:
-is it safe to keep your cymbals in a hardcase for days?
-how much is the maximum pieces for cymbals in a hardcase?
-do i need to put cymbal sleeves inside?
-will using hardcase, damages my cymbal hole?

thanks

-is it safe to keep your cymbals in a hardcase for days?

yes, but you should have it laying flat, if you leave it for months

-how much is the maximum pieces for cymbals in a hardcase?

Fill it up, but don't stuff it full.

-do i need to put cymbal sleeves inside?

You should if there is a bare metal rod inside. You can use anything plstic to cover it. Use any tube that fits

-will using hardcase, damages my cymbal hole?

Not if you cover the metal rod.

thanks for your info mofle
oh yeah i forgot to ask this thing.
when putting cymbals let say 3 of them, in a hardcase.
do i need to put anything in between to prevent any damages? thanks

Last edited:
If they can be held in place (be made so they don't "jiggle" around), then all you need are some large felts, like the ones found beneath the bottom cymbal on most high hat stands. If the cymbals have some wiggle room in the case, or you notice them clanging against each other, then it's up to you if you want to throw some towels or dividers in there between them. Be warned, though, that anything extra that you stuff in there is going to take up that much extra room and is just something else you'll have to worry about losing at a gig...

oh so its okay to just stack the cymbals with nothing in between, if they are held together?

Well, in MY drum case, they are held apart by the felts. They are each suspended and not in contact with each other. I have other cymbals in cymbal bags, and they are in contact with each other. Besides the scraping that goes on, I don't see any other potential problems besides cymbals being physically on top of each other, in which case the ones underneath might warp from the weight over time. I wouldn't have them "held together"...that might have a similar warping effect if they're held together with some pressure...

hey guys, i need your help.
i want to know quite few things:
-is it safe to keep your cymbals in a hardcase for days? Yes but I would lay them flat to keep from stressing out the post and where the post connects to the case
-how much is the maximum pieces for cymbals in a hardcase?I have a Humes & Berg Enduro and I put in eight total, including separators. Some may hold more or less.
-do i need to put cymbal sleeves inside?Do you mean something between the cymbals? Not necessary but a good idea. I went to a place that makes gaskets and they sold me some rubber circles about 7 inches in diameter each. I punched holes in them and put them between the cymbals to keep them from touching.
-will using hardcase, damages my cymbal hole? You should put a plastic sleeve on the post, as you would on a cymbal stand post.

thanks

I would add that a hardcase is necessary for safe cymbal transport, unless you have the cymbals personally with you at all times. Bags just keep the cymbals together but really won't protect from extreme falls, etc.

oh so its okay to just stack the cymbals with nothing in between, if they are held together?

I got an old fleece throw and cut it the same size as the cymbal with about 1/2" bigger all round. Cut two for each cymbal and then sew them together or get someone else to do it for you. Each of my cymbals has it's own furry pouch...if you know what I mean!

I am using a soft cymbal case and this stops any damage from cymbal rubbing on cymbal and also gives them a bit more overall protection.I think the total cost for hats, ride and two crashes was $5 and it's a green eco way to go.

Back