Iron Maiden Rules the World

Andra2000

...and Bruce Dickinson is my god.

Check out this Aussie story on the recently-commenced Maiden world tour and their special airplane, piloted by the remarkable Dickinson. Make sure you check out the video, too:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=377726

index.jpg

Yeah that's old new bud, but who cares? Did you see them when they came out?

Me and my wife travelled to Sydney to catch one of shows they did there. It blew me away the amount of energy Bruce has still. As if flying all those thousands of miles isn't enough, but running around the stage like a teenager and still have the energy to sing the way he does (night after night I might add)? He is amazing.
Flight 666 is great too. It's just amazing how many peeps in the world have been touched by this incredible band. I know I have. I remember there was one dude on the Flight 666 video (somewhere in South America I think) who grabbed a stick Nicko threw out at the end of the show. He was just so overwhelmed with emotion that he couldn't even speak to the interviewer. He just couldn't stop crying. This is the impact these guys have on us fans. It is immense to say the least.

To repeat you.........and Bruce Dickinson is my God too.

Up the Irons!!

I flew to Sydney to see them in early 2008 during that tour, because they didn't come here and I didn't want to miss them. A year later they came again and this time they did make the trip to little NZ. Both shows were fantastic but the Sydney concert was incredible, the arena was sold out and the moment the lights went off before they started Aces High was too good for words.

Did anyone else remember hearing the soundcheck band play right before Maiden started? It must have been the tech crew, playing behind the stage curtain. That was exciting.

Did you see them when they came out?

Hell yeah......on that tour. Took me back to my youth. Went along by myself to that gig. I recall a strange sensation of being amongst close friends all night, even though I was surrounded by strangers. Must be something about Maiden fans I guess.

Did anyone else remember hearing the soundcheck band play right before Maiden started? It must have been the tech crew, playing behind the stage curtain. That was exciting.

I'll sheepishly confess to being at the bar for all the pre-show entertainment. Heard the crowd levels rising, downed my beer and sprinted to my seat just in the nick of time for the opening slavo to Aces High.

Back