Gretsch Catalina Maple

I have an amber one and love it. It is my second kit, but the first one I have worked and payed for. I love it to say the least. You can get through the waiting process. Just don't get addicted to checking the tracking number. I did and it only made it worse.

I have an amber one and love it. It is my second kit, but the first one I have worked and payed for. I love it to say the least. You can get through the waiting process. Just don't get addicted to checking the tracking number. I did and it only made it worse.

Haha i did that for my last one and it definitely did make it worse. Glad to hear you like the kit though

Very good. A week isn't bad. I figure only 3 or 4 sleepless nights. You'll be fine. congrats on the new tubs.

I have the same kit, Is the best sounding kit I've ever owned. We reocrded with it last year and the engineer spent 5 minutes getting it tweaked on the sound board as opposed to 45 minutes with the studio set. They sing quite nicely.

I don't own one, but I recommended a Catalina for a fellow who was new to the drums. I helped him assemble and tune his new drums, and even with the stock heads I was pleasantly surprised how good they sound and easy they were to tune. I had them tuned up in no time. I spent just about as much time tuning whole kit versus my 10" tom on my DW's. I haven't heard one of these kits with aftermarket heads, but I'm sure they sound better than with the stock heads.

You made a wise purchase. I would own one of these in a heartbeat if I ever needed another kit.

I don't own one, but I recommended a Catalina for a fellow who was new to the drums. I helped him assemble and tune his new drums, and even with the stock heads I was pleasantly surprised how good they sound and easy they were to tune. I had them tuned up in no time. I spent just about as much time tuning whole kit versus my 10" tom on my DW's. I haven't heard one of these kits with aftermarket heads, but I'm sure they sound better than with the stock heads.

You made a wise purchase. I would own one of these in a heartbeat if I ever needed another kit.

Thanks, that it tunes up quickly solves most of the problems I had with my old kit not being able to tune almost at all! Thanks for the helpful words.

^^^I started a thread a few weeks ago titled Catalina maple owners rejoice. Gretsch has a PN for the 8" tom. It's official!

I was just looking at the 2009 catalog, where did you see black Renowns??

Back