My New PDP 805

nice kit, the white with the brilliant cymbals looks very sharp!

a good 'rock' kit the 805's, i'm also curios about the deep bass drum...

enjoy!

I'd like to know what you think of the sound and feel of the 20 in bass drum?
like what separates it from a 22 in sound
because I'm looking to get myself an auxilury bass either 20 or 18

I have the same kit... the 20" has some serious punch in it. When the reso is tuned right, it sounds very good! The kick is practically the reason I bought the kit.

SWEET! Yes, Birch!

It's a shame that PDP doesn't do "normal" kits, meaning, ...wrap / finish ply coverings and chrome hardware for these 805 configurations! They'd sell a TON! Their other option is a nice rock config in 24-13-16-18, w/ a 6.5x14 or 7x14 snare.

While the black and white are kind of cool (not my thing) ....I think they're missing the boat by not offering more colors w/ chrome hardware!

I have the same kit... the 20" has some serious punch in it. When the reso is tuned right, it sounds very good! The kick is practically the reason I bought the kit.

sweet deal dude
I'm starting to get bored of my 22
I'd like to get two new ones haha
a 26 and an 18
I just really wanna get more dynamic range

Its beatiful! I absolutely love it.. How much did you paid for it?
p.s. I have exactly the same bass drum pedal as you..

SWEET! Yes, Birch!

It's a shame that PDP doesn't do "normal" kits, meaning, ...wrap / finish ply coverings and chrome hardware for these 805 configurations! They'd sell a TON! Their other option is a nice rock config in 24-13-16-18, w/ a 6.5x14 or 7x14 snare.

While the black and white are kind of cool (not my thing) ....I think they're missing the boat by not offering more colors w/ chrome hardware!

i could'nt agree more...

Reminds me of those very expensive ocdp kits from 10 years ago.

i've currently got a pearl export and i've been looking at getting the pdp 805, would you recommend buying it?

I Also Own a PDP 805 & I Must Say They're AMAZING ! The Tom Sings, The Bass Drum Is Freaking Awesome And So Is The Snare. PDP Also Offer "Flashy" Colors & Powder Coating, Something To Catch The Eye Of Anybody. After You'll Tune Them Right, You Won't Regret Any Dollar Spent For This Kit. And They're Pretty Cheap Too. All Good Reasons To Buy It!

20x18 seems like such a strange size for a kick. does it sound good at all? I want my bass drum to really pack some good punch and low end, but that seems so small...

Back