backing track without drums

zarazag

Hi - my son who is 13 is going to a recording session at the end of January and wants to play Why'd you only call me when you're high by the arctic monkeys - any ideas where we can get a backing track without drums please? have found sites which are for karaoeke but am struggling to find this trackj

any ideas please from a non-musical mum!

I can't find one either.

Have you tried asking at one of the guitar forums? I'm not a guitarist so I can't point you in any particular direction, I'm afraid, but sometimes the people on there put tracks together. Might be worth an ask.

For future reference, my favourite site for customisable backing tracks is karaoke-version.com, which you've probably looked at in your search. They don't have the track you're after, but they do have a lot of other stuff that your son might find useful at some point.

Hello and welcome, by the way - and now that you're here, why don't you start playing drums?

Yeah, you won't find it.

Songs are recorded using many individual tracks (drums, guitar, keyboards,vocals etc) A true drumless tracks would have to come from the master recordings. There has to be real money involved in order to make it worth the effort to create drumless tracks.

Now, most anything that is on the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games (maybe 800 songs?) will be available if you look hard enough. The drum tracks are separated on these game discs (in order to make the game work as designed) and some people have taken the effort to copy them and edit out the drums.

I'd have him choose another track using whatever is available.

Back