Bun E. Carlos clinic

Bun is a great guy and drummer.Very humble and a guy that's VERY knowledgeable about not only drumming,but vintage drums and cymbals too.His drum collection has to be seen to be believed.

Steve B

Bun E.'s one of my favorite drummers. I have missed him a couple times when he has been down at Drum City - Guitarland. Those guys were going on an on about what a great guy he is - as well as being a heck of a drummer!

Thanks I really enjoyed that and will check out the rest as well; brought back memories
I can relate with what he is talking about and he has a real neighborly way of speaking.
It was so true in my day, all the other musicians asked you if you could play wipeout even if you did not play the song in a band, but it was somehow the gauge used to judge your abilities by. Too funny. I am self taught and learned the same way by listening to records and trying to emulate the sound; without really knowing how it was done, no internet of course. Great learning tool I would say, just banging around on a kit my Mom bought me for $75 second hand, they were called Bolero's and they actually sounded good and large.
I moved to Toronto and left them at a house in the Montreal area; I later found out 10 years later when I was visiting that the sister of the harp player learned how to play and ended up in an all girl punk band. That always made feel pretty good knowing several people learned their licks on the kit.

Back