I wont do any harm to my TD9 sound module by using the splitter like this, would I?

Andra2000

Hello everyone! I have been reading through this forum for a while now, and have had just about all of my edrum questions answered! Thanks!

I have played acoustic drums for a long time, and have a very nice custom Pork Pie drum kit. Problem is, my girlfriend and I moved to an apartment about a year ago, and I have not been able to play for a while! Just a week ago I purchased a Roland TD9K2 from Kraft music, and I LOVE it! It is so nice to be able to play again.

The only question I have so far is about a headphone splitter we just bought. We decided to get my girlfriend a pair of headphones, and we got some headphone splitters so she could hear me play without needing an amp. They seem to work just fine, but the volume is a bit lower when both headphones are plugged in, verses when I have just my headphones plugged in. The sound is fine, and its loud enough that we can still use it like that. I read that I can purchase a splitter with a "boost", which would make it louder... so maybe down the road I will purchase that. But my main question is, I wont do any harm to my TD9 sound module by using the splitter like this, would I?

Thanks everyone here for posting such great info! Im sure I will have more questions for you all in the future! But dont worry, I will use the search function first!
index.jpg

from a electronics standpoint, I cant imagine how it could

Ive done it extensivly with my TD-7

no probs here...

NEVER feed into the brain from multiple sources on one jack that is split....even if the numbers seem to add...added peaks can take you WAY beyond the spec...root mean squared tends to work that way...

BUT...never experiment with what you cant lose.

I had the same problem as you, I did solve it differently though.

There is one finding a solution to your problem, albeit it being a slightly more expensive one but MUCH more dynamic and flexible - I bought a small 4 channel mixer.

The mixer will allow the listener to manually raise or lower the volume and also, gives you the ability of raising or lowering the music you are playing along to (if you are practicing to music)

I bought the small 4-channel mixer so that my friend can plug in his guitar so we can jam out in my room without disturbing anyone and yet hear our instruments clearly.

A small 4-channel mixer for home usage can't cost you that much and is by far the most flexible solution to your problem.

Back