Beginner e-kit recommendations?

batterista

Hi Friends,
I have started drumming very recently (about 2 months now). I have a TAMA Imperialstar with Paiste crashes/high-hats/ride with a pearl double bass pedal kit at my office band group.

However - I can only practice while at office. Where as I miss out on a lot of practice time, while at home. I have been contemplating on purchasing an electronic drum-kit ( so that I don't wake up the neighbors). But the views on various online forums have been quite neutral and sometimes more confusing than convincing.

Even as I know that no affordable e-kit can replicate the feel of an acoustic set, request you guys to help me zero down on a good and affordable e-kit.

I am looking for something in the range of $600 to @ $1000.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Although this question comes up quite frequently I've moved your post to a new thread so it wouldn't interfere with specific questions from that other thread.

In the meantime while waiting for replies you could use the 'search' function or simply browse the Electronic drums section and read a bit into the existing threads, this will provide good information.

If you post this over in vdrums you'll be verbally assaulted to use the search engine. Or rather.... UTFSE. lol.

But you will get some good info there.
Good old UTFSE- haven't heard that one in a while. Also, GAS isn't nearly as popular here as it is over there.

Good old UTFSE- haven't heard that one in a while. Also, GAS isn't nearly as popular here as it is over there.

LOL.....You got that right. About a year and a half ago, I was looking into adding an 808 kick sound and a handclap. That's all I wanted. I now have triggers strewn thru out my akit, I play with loops, and Im now saving for a td15 or 30.(most likely td15 since Im almost there)

I fully blame that forum btw.

Back