MAJOR HELP WITH DW 7000

PeniScott

Silver Member
Ok so here's the deal. I have the double pedal version and basically the tension screws keeping the linkage together and on the pedals keep coming loose or coming off completely. This is the same with the beater height adjustment so the beaters go sideways or come so loose that the eventually just fly off so i have to use the left pedal instead, then the screws come loose and i cant use that one either until the end of the song and i end up keeping everyone waiting.

Is this the same with all the 7002's or is it me. And no matter how i tighten the screws they just come out. So should i adjust the length of the linkage between the pedals, adjust the spring tension, beater height, my playing or something else because I just don't know and i SERIOUSLY need it sorted ASAP.

xoxo

How's maintenance?

Is there any lube on the threads of the screws?

Dry steel will slip.

Lube in between the threads creates pressure in the pores of the steel, a little does a lot.

is there anything cheap that may be found in the home that could possibly do the same job by any chance? I have very little money at the moment, not even enough for some WD-40 or anything.

Please someone else help as well, i need to get this out of the way!
xoxo

I had the same problem friend.

I went to guitar center and bought the longer versions of the same screws (dw hardware screws / dw pedal screws) this made it so I could get a tighter lock on... You should also really check for oil on all of your parts (other then the springs and bearings) like Ismore said a little goes a long way.

Sorry to say but I have not known anyone to like to 7000's in particular, 4-5-8-and 9 thousands are even better... it's just something about the 7000's

Degrease the screws and apply Loctite 242. The blue stuff. Most hardware stores should have it.

HTH

Back