Pearl Demon Drive Double - technical question

Addicted to Beat

Hey Guys,

a really stupid and elementary question to which I think I already know the answer, but will appreciate if anybody can shed some light on this :

I am currently using the Pearl Demon Direct Drive single pedal and loving it! So much that I want to upgrade to the Double. However, I play various styles and don't always need the Double.

- Can I simply disconnect the shaft and use the right pedal as a Single ?
- If yes, is it as smooth, and does it behave the same as the Single, or is the added latency because of the twin beater (which I presume doesn't move when the shaft is not connected) ?

Cheers. Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure some other members will chime in and reply to your questions.
Just wanted to point out that there's a "search" function in the forum menu.
So click on "search", type "pearl demon drive" and you'll find lots of threads on that pedal. The thread titles listed indicate which threads might be of more interest for you, given your specific questions. Personally I never had that pedal so I don't know.

Just give that search function a try to find out that it does help. I just gave you some info - the search function will help you to quickly identify whether there are existing threads on something specific already. We do recommend to first have a look on possibly existing threads prior to creating repetitive threads but multiple threads on the same stuff happen anyway, this can't really be avoided on a forum.

No prob that you created a thread on a topic that has already been discussed.

It will feel just like your single pedal.

Simple disconnect. Most double pedals will let you disconnect the shaft with one or two turns of a key. The prime pedal in most double bass designs is completely unchanged from the single pedal as well- all that's added is the additional mechanism for the slave pedal.

Back