Paiste Discontinues?

BattleArmor

Silver Member
I love Paiste. They are the only cymbals I have ever bought, and I love all the ones I have purchased.

Today I purchased Paiste Innovations 17 Medium Crash which is amazing. And also discontinued.

Does Paiste just decide to get rid of all their best cymbals? [e.g. Formula 602, Innovations, Sound Creation]

I dont understand what they are thinking.

Opinions?

They do have their reasons. Maybe a certain line of cymbals wasn't selling so well, or other cymbal companies were coming up with new cymbal types and they needed to keep up, there are a huge number of factors that lead to the discontinuation of a series. Especially with Paiste since they have stopped production on so many old lines. You can still find a lot of old Paistes through eBay and craig's list. I have a set of giant beat hats and 2 rides (a traditionals and a 5o5) that were all bought used.

I know exactly how you feel.
I first non-entry level cymbal was a 20" Paiste Innovations Med. ride and I still think it was the best 20" ride I've heard in my life.
Right now I'm going to focus on their Twenty Series with a couple of Signatures when I peice a new kit together (dad sold old one while I was away =(.....)

They tend to chew through their cymbal lines and model fairly regularly - which is both good and bad I guess. There are some awesome cymbals that are now rather hard to find, but also there are some really great new models coming out. The Twenty Series and New Sigs. are two good examples. I wonder though if we won't see some reintroductions. The Dimensions were absorbed into the 2002s, and the Giant Beats were re-released. Perhaps one day the Sound Creations may come back too - I'd really like to see that.

Perhaps one day the Sound Creations may come back too - I'd really like to see that.

pig1.gif

Did you see bilkay's thread on his newly acquired SC dark SE hats? I'm totally jealous.

Back