Evans Resonant Tom Choice

BenDiuguid

So I am going to buy new drumheads for the first soon. I bough a Tama Artstar II locally on Craigslist a while ago and recently discovered that the resonant heads on my toms are the stock batter heads that origionally came with this set. (this set was discontinued in the 70's or 80's i don't remember)

So here's what i was thinking:

Evan's G2 clear
over
Evan's Genera Resonant heads.

or Evan's G2 clear
over
Evan's G1 clear

any thoughts or suggestions are truly appreciated!

also if anyone knows any good instructional videos on first putting on new heads/tuning new heads please post the link,
thanks!!!

Gotta love the old Tama Artstar kits! I still have my Artstar snare drum.

The difference between the Genera Reso and the G1 clear as a reso has to do with the film. The Genera Reso offers a brighter response that projects more than the G1. The G1 is a great option for most people requiring a more tame/smooth sound.

Hope that helps!

The EC Resonant trims out higher overtones, which makes the overall pitch sound a little lower. If anything they seem to let the shell's tone come through a little more because they don't "color" the tom's sound as much.

I've run EC2 over EC Resonant on both my Mapex birch toms and my Ludwig maple/poplar and they sound really good Ludwig (those shells give off a lot of mids and lower mids) but that combo leaves the birch toms sounding a little cold...between the birch shell's natural tone quality and the heads selective overtone control they have pretty much no midrange in the overall sound.

Back