5" x 13" Solid Steambent Snare...

Raven Drums

Heres a new one just finished yesterday. It's a 5" x 13" Maple steambent shell with an outer veneer of walnut burl finished in a high gloss lacquer. I aged the shell for about three years before I applied the finish. Despite it's smaller size, this thing is big on sound and a very versatile snare. The wood hoops are 32ply Maple shaped.

Click on image to enlarge.

In case anyone is interested. The snare is here: Snare Ebay Listing

Wow, that is a gorgeous snare! It has a real craftsman vibe to it, exotic and stylish. The price is surprisingly competitive, less than many mass-produced snares with ordinary materials and construction.

Thank you kind Sir. It's a steal, but I guess only for someone looking for a 13" main.

Hey Raven Drums , Great Snare . Got a question for you . Been looking @ the Exotic Stave Wood Shells on Ebay . Would like your input on what the different woods sound like when compared to maple . I play mostly Classic Rock , Blues and 80's . I mostly use a DW 14x6 and an Acrylic 14x5 for smaller Gigs . Its a little hard to find Exotic Snares here in Hawaii . Sorry , I know its off the tread .

Hey Raven Drums , Great Snare . Got a question for you . Been looking @ the Exotic Stave Wood Shells on Ebay . Would like your input on what the different woods sound like when compared to maple . I play mostly Classic Rock , Blues and 80's . I mostly use a DW 14x6 and an Acrylic 14x5 for smaller Gigs . Its a little hard to find Exotic Snares here in Hawaii . Sorry , I know its off the tread .

With the genres your playing, you might want to try out something in bubinga or oak.

Back