Long shot but, science of handwriting?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Does anyone know anything about this? Sounds interesting, I know it's about analysing handwriting to tell someones personality, and it seems pretty legit. I am wondering because I have literally 4 different styles of handwriting, all completely different, i just sort of picket them up, and i now go months at a time using different ones. Just because i feel like it really, I wonder what that tells about me, other than the fact that I'm indecisive!

Nobody i know can do more than one style, properally you know? Not just scribbles, pretty weird......or it might not be, any takers?

I agree with this, I think thoughts and personality reflect through handwriting styles, just as thoughts reflect through music, writing (not necassarily the handwriting part...unless you include calligraphy) is anyway an expressive artform, a letter or writing a book, the difference is that handwriting style doesn't really show when we type on a forum...

...such an inflexible way to communicate, you may think of the forum...but atleast we can send pictures, sound files and hyperlinks.

...think of analysing one's handwriting for personal traits like analysing speech for prosody (tone, pitch, speed, stress, volume etc.)...

...mostly I write cursive, joint letters, although I have problems with forming letters such as making distinction between "r" and "v" and making sure the joint cluster of "cl" doesn't look like a "d"...

...sure it's cursive but not really working quite well at the moment, because cursive is meant to be flowing, where as for me I often have to go back and erase my notes that look terrible and write them again. Goes against the idea of flowing...although over the past year I made conscious effort to improve its legibility...

...does that show anything?...does it show anything that I mostly write in pencil?...always with an eraser close by...my handwriting has changed a lot from time to time...

...perhaps it shows personal growth, a will to learn?

...take what you will of it, this handwriting thing seems fascinating.

I find this topic kind of interesting, but in my field of work I'm required to print using architectural/engineering style letters, so that's all I use now. How would you analyze that?

If it indicates middle aged white dude who sucks at drumming and really sucks at guitar....it works!

I too spent many years working on the drafting board. I would write very hard on the paper to make sure that the drawing could be reproduced easily.

As a young man I spent too much time doodling, instead of practicing my handwriting. My handwriting never got fluid and clean except later on the drafting board, but that is much slower and not a script. I would rather type then write.

I knew many people that would write with a left handed slant to make their letters look better/ different.

I do not believe there is a way to see a person's personality from their handwriting. However, some people do believe in that and I will not insult those that do.

I also feel that drummers, like other musicians have altered their hands by playing their instruments. Holding the sticks too long and hard does strange things to the hand muscles. I know several drummers, including myself, that can not longer shuffle cards.

Back