Forums & Sub-forums

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
I usually check out DW at least 1 to 2 times a day. My first stop is always the General Discussion forum and then the Drum Gear forum which leads me to the Drums Sub-forum. On days I'm feeling especially randy, I'll hit the Cymbals sub-forum, too.

Out of simple curiosity, at which forum do you tend to spend the most time?

I usually check out DW 2 - 3 times a day, and visit the General Discussion forum, as well as all of the sub-forums in the Drum Gear forum. I also enjoy the Your Place forum as well.

I suppose I spend a pretty even amount of time in each of those places! :)

I usually check out DW at least 1 to 2 times a day. My first stop is always the General Discussion forum and then the Drum Gear forum which leads me to the Drums Sub-forum. On days I'm feeling especially randy, I'll hit the Cymbals sub-forum, too.

Out of simple curiosity, at which forum do you tend to spend the most time?

Exactly what I do. Right in rhythm with you.........

I hit general, the gear sections, sometimes the show your gear if I have time. I usually run out of time to hit most of what the forum has.
I PM, and get PM's a lot too.

I don't get on here much any more because of some other things going on,when I do I like to use the search option, and also check out Ytube vids guys have but on when I have quality time to listen to them.

I spend a lot of time on here, as I get a computer with internet at work, and my job can be pretty boring. I just spend most of my time here looking at the 'New Posts' tab, just to keep up with everybody's latest posts.

Normally I just click the "New Posts" tab and read them

This ^^^...

I also use the "Today's Posts" options if I didn't have enough time to read/see the threads the first tine round I clicked on "New Posts".

Then I usually checked the thread in which I made a comment to see if someone answered/discussed my post.

Despite my highish post counts, I read much more than I post...

I spend a lot of time on here, as I get a computer with internet at work, and my job can be pretty boring. I just spend most of my time here looking at the 'New Posts' tab, just to keep up with everybody's latest posts.

I guess your secret will have to be safe here.

Nobody tell his boss!!

Exactly what kind of job do you have, anyway?

This ^^^...

I also use the "Today's Posts" options if I didn't have enough time to read/see the threads the first tine round I clicked on "New Posts".

Then I usually checked the thread in which I made a comment to see if someone answered/discussed my post.

Despite my highish post counts, I read much more than I post...

This is identical to my approach.

I always search via "Quick Links" then "Today's Posts" It's not sub-forum specific, so anything that has been posted recently is pretty easy to catch if you're logging on to DW daily.

I hit the User CP to see what threads that I replied in have new replies then I hit General Discussion followed by Drum Technique later on I dive into Drum Gear section.

I always start at Gen Discussion. Time permitting, I will hit the technique forum and maybe the Drums forum in the gear section. At this point, gear talk really bores me.

Today's Posts? You mean that's been there this whole time? I never even bothered to look at the Quick Links. haha...

Ya, I'll hit the New Posts usually, then check Stats under User CP to see if anybody replied to my posts. I don't want to be rude and leave a person hanging, but sometimes it's just a comment and there is nothing I can say to add to the conversation. Then I'll go to General Discussion to see if I missed any older thread that is interesting to me.

Mostly I'm using the "New Posts" function. This function is also handy to check whether new registering members have submitted their first post as this would reveal them as legit vs. spammy users. I'm also checking the ramified sub-forums regularly but the more ramified it gets the bigger the intervals would be.
Actually I've never used the Quick Links functions but those look promising...

Last edited:
I browse the drums and hardware forums more so because that's what I like to discuss and I like to see all the different stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back