Playing at Ronnie Scott's tomorrow

Juniper

Gold Member
Well, upstairs at Ronnie Scott's in Ronnie's Bar and I cannot bloody wait.

My uncle was a top UK Jazz drummer, travelled the world, met some very famous drummers (had lunch with Buddy Rich) after spending a few years as the house drummer at Ronnie Scott's. Was a close friend of Ronnie himself so the place has some very important heritage for my family.

Trying to decide on which snare. Thinking of taking my Radio King to a rare gig, but I might have a change of heart and take the vintage supra or Black Beauty. Thinking of the Radio King as a little extra nod to the 1930's onwards jazz greats but I'm not sure. Guess I'll decide when I wake up.

Undecided but not nervous, just really, really excited

Under 24hours to go....

That is very very cool indeed. I know a few players who regularly play the upstairs bar at Ronnie Scott's, & the experience never grows old on them. Take a couple of snares with you, & see which one suits the room best. Remember to stare lovingly & relentlessly at your ride cymbal - after all, it's disrespectful not too ;) ;) ;)

Have a blast!!!!

Thank you,

Woke up and went for the Radio King. Unfortunately travelling by train so only have enough strength to carry one snare case. Have a cymbal bag, snare case, pedal bag, a side bag for personal items and a shoulder bag with work stuff as I have a meeting early tomorrow morning- things us drummers have to carry hey!

Just a few hours at work to get by and I'm on my way to the venue.

Yes!

Well the gig went really well and the Radio King was the perfect snare, it really sang in that room.

Ronnie's Bar was packed and after a nervy start by the guitarists we all settled down and went for it after the second number.

Ended with being called by the crowd to do an encore, which we were then allowed to do despite going over our allotted time-slot.

Fantastic evening. Now I can say I've played Ronnie Scotts, never thought I'd be able to say that as a young kid growing up in the West Country!

Have been looking forward to finding out how it all went. Glad it was a blast. Very envious of all you guys who get the chance to play venues that I've grown up hearing about. I can only dream.

Great stuff!!

Have been looking forward to finding out how it all went. Glad it was a blast. Very envious of all you guys who get the chance to play venues that I've grown up hearing about. I can only dream.

Great stuff!!

Thank you.

Definatley one to remember and hopefully one day fate allows you to do the same!

Congrats to you, must have been fun. Great memory to cherish.

Spoke to the promoters today, made the point of thanking them for their opportunity, sound and professionalism and guess what?

We got asked back!!! Playing again in March.

Hurry up March!!! It's Christmas Eve but I want to open my presents now!!!

Now booked for the forth time in under a year!! Becoming a regular, so much so I might ask for the framed photo of Buddy Rich they have there......

Sorry, had to share. Very excited again.

Now booked for the forth time in under a year!! Becoming a regular, so much so I might ask for the framed photo of Buddy Rich they have there......

Sorry, had to share. Very excited again.

Ohh you must be doing something right! Great stuff!

Sorry I missed this, I wanted to congratulate you. You must be really charged up being asked back. Way to go man!

Well done! I well know the feeling of really getting it right and starting to feel a "residency" in a great spot. Congrats.

That's awesome. Congrats and keep us postmen on how it goes!

Back