Do you play more than one instrument? Not like this...

It's amazing, because he is a true well-rounded musician. Another case of "mad skills" meeting hard work.

I wasn't expecting that! A lot of hard work everyday must have gone into playing. Got to give him respect for that.

Very talented.-

Yesh, I can barely keep one instrument sounding good!

I once knew a guy who could play multiple instruments like that, but he could never focus his career on any one thing long enough to keep it going, because he was constantly jumping from one instrument to the next. Kinds of sad, because he was ubber talented.

If you devote 30 minutes a day to each instrument for the next five or six years, you might be able to do something like that.

The funny thing is, I noodle around on keys, bass and guitar just to get certain ideas off the ground or for diversion from the drums when I'm sick of pounding on things. Maybe I should practice more. Maybe head over to the pawn shop....(feet pounding, door slams).

Seriously, I don't have words to describe that.

I'm going to HOPE that's the only song he knows and it's taken a lifetime of practicing that one song to become that proficient at it.

Either that, or his mama had quadruplets and there was a sale on those matching tee shirts!!!!

. . . . . . . . . Unbelievable.

If you devote 30 minutes a day to each instrument for the next five or six years, you might be able to do something like that.

Ha! More like a lifetime! It's a great video, and shows the results a real dedication to music can bring. An inspiration for sure.

Extremely gifted indeed!

There are plenty of guys I know who are that talented and it just makes you shake your head. They usually grow up in a musical family where they started playing at a young age. Abe Laboriel Jr is one of those guys. You should have seen him around Berklee. His drumming ability was already at such a high level by the time he got to school because he started at such a young age that he had time & talent to focus on other things as well. It didn't surprise me really when everyone was talking about his vocal performance he had all over youtube not too long ago. He had it back at school.

I know a guy like that. Is an absolute wizard on anything with strings (including piano). The only thing I haven't seen him play (yet) is drums. I wouldn't bet against him.

Actually know a couple of guys like that. One's a producer in Nashville. The other is head of percussion at a university. Both play percussion, keys, and strings. They each have their specialty, but can handle just about any situation.

(I'm incredibly envious of them.)

Ha, i too know someone like that. He can do that, along with play the harp, trumpet, sax, trombone, basically anything that plays notes and play it proficiently and naturally.

Don't ask me.

Holy Shizzle!!! That was amazing!! I can barely play a simple jazz groove on drums, but this guy plays FOUR instruments with equal awesomness!

I feel so sorry for him.

He must feel so limited by the number of limbs, fingers, and feet..... and surely schizophrenic .....maybe lonely as well...

This has GOT to be hugely an inborn and instinctive talent that imbibes at a much faster rate and a uses a different learning process than the average mortal.

I wonder if he feels that he expresses himself best though a favorite instrument, and if so, how come he didn't work at that instrument alone? He 's quite obviously a gifted musician

im grade 7 trumpet as well as pretty good at drums (if i may say so myself) but i also play tenor horn and piano (both pretty decently) but someone i know is past grade 8 on piano sax clarinet violin viola and something else.

Great video the only thing I play besides the drums is.................... the Radio LOL

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Great video the only thing I play besides the drums is.................... the Radio LOL

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Don't be too hard on yourself...I mean, what about CDs? You play those, don't you?

Back